Chapter 2

I just stood there with my hand over my mouth speechless.  He smiled at me and waited for an answer.  With my hand still over my mouth I nodded and he pulled me into a hug.

When I released him from the hug, he jumped and fist pumped the air.  He smiled and I looked up into his eyes.  I blushed hard but tried to hold back the color from my cheeks.

He took my hand and we walked side by side through the hallway.  He wasn’t supposed to be in Spanish right now, but he came to my class anyways and sat next to me.

“I’d like to get to know you more.” He said, smiling softly.  I nodded and shrugged.

“Like what?” He thought for a moment and then looked at me.

“Sports? Dance? Family members? Pets?” He said, spilling out a million questions.

“Well, I swim and play water polo.  I also have a dog and two siblings… I also love playing piano and horseback riding.  I think that answers all the questions?” I laughed.  He nodded. “So what about you, Niall?” I asked and looked over at him.

“Hm?” When he saw me look at him he quickly threw his head around and looked at the floor while we walked.

“Um.. what do you do? Like sports or anything…” I blushed.  He was obviously staring at me and I hadn’t noticed.

“Yea.  I like to swim sometimes, too.  I also play guitar and um… sing a little.” He shrugged.  My eyes lightened up.  I could tell he was embarrassed.

“Really!  Singing! That’s so cool! I’ve always wished I could sing.” I smiled sweetly at him and he seemed not as embarrassed. 

We walked into our library for free period and sat down on a small sofa.  I gave him one of my ear buds and we watched videos on YouTube and trolled each other’s Twitters.  He inched closer to me, casually slinging his arm around my shoulders and I tried to focus on not dying. 

Everything was finally kicking in.  I, Julia, was going to Prom.  But not with just anyone… with the boy that I had crushed on since second grade.  And he was sitting way too close to me right now but I honestly didn’t care.

Someone kicked my foot and knocked me out of my trance.  I looked up to see Niki and Trish smiling down on us.  Trish leaned against the sofa armrest and Niki sat down on the small table in front of us.  Then Trish leaned over to me and winked while nudging me.

“Hey guys!” Niall smiled, removing his ear bud from his ear.

“Hey.” They said in unison, smiling.

“What do you want…” I said, growling at them through smiling lips.

“I’m hungryyyy. Got any food?” Trish whined.

“Of course you’re hungry…” I muttered, rolling my eyes playfully.  Didn’t she eat at lunch? Wait! I saw her stuffing her face in a granola bar a few minutes after the fire drill scene….

“Here, Trish.” Said Niall.  He reached into his backpack and took out a bag of cookies.  Trish’s eyes got wide and she quickly accepted the bag.  She looked at me and gave me a thumbs up, mouthing ‘He’s a keeper’ and winked.  We all laughed and finished the cookies together.  When both study halls were over, we headed to our lockers to pack up and go home.

“Three more weeks til we get outta here for summer.” Said Niki, marking off a day on her calendar.  She had been counting down the days until summer since the day after school started.  I zipped up my bag and looked at her.

“876.” I said, blushing.  Niki was confused.  She looked over.

“Eh?”

“876 twitter followers…” I said.  At first Niki looked confused, but I kept talking. “I have one more than earlier… Niall followed me.” I blushed.

“Awwww!!!!” she elbowed me.  I pretended that she had hurt me and shut my locker.  We headed to the front doors and sat outside at a table.  Niall saw me and came over.

“Hey, Julia.” He said, sitting down next to me.  “Wanna go catch a movie tonight?”

“Sure.” I blushed.  He smiled.

“Great!! Uh… Maybe I’ll pick you up around seven?” He asked.  I nodded.

“Yeah, that’s perfect.  Thanks Niall!” He hugged me and walked away.  I couldn’t stop myself from smiling.  Sure, I probably looked like a fool, but I could care less right now.  Today had worked out perfectly.  Then, he came back a little embarrassed.

“I-um… Well first, I need your number…” He trailed off.  I laughed, taking his phone and putting my number into it.  “Thanks.  And I’ll text you the second question.” He blushed and hurried off.  I couldn’t help but laugh.  He was so cute.

Then my phone buzzed.  I dug it out from my pocket.

Hey Julia. I sort of need your address. (: x

I laughed, answering with my address.  I looked up to see my four friends eyeing me, waiting for the details on our conversation.

"He just needed my address." I laughed.  Everyone nodded and we kept talking until my mom came to pick me up.  I waved at my friends and got into the car.  On the drive home, I told my mom the entire story.

"Niall! Really? That boy you've been talking about for years?" she sounded excited.

"Yea mom... It's no big deal.  But I'm going to need a dress." she eyed me when I said ''no big deal' and I laughed.

"No problem, Hun.  Isn't the prom on the last week of school?" I answered her question with a nod.  She called someone on her Bluetooth and asked me, "Thursday at 3:00pm... Dress appointment. Is that alright?"

I nodded and she made the appointment.  When we got home, I went upstairs and immediately got ready for my first date with Niall Horan.