The Reject

Hello! Here's a story. Very common, but oh well. I like these kinds. Hope you guys do as well :)

--------------------------------

                                      Chapter One

   Today was a pretty important day. No, screw that. It was an extremely important day. Today was our soon-to-be Alpha, Reece Lloyd’s sixteenth birthday. Today, he would find his mate; our future Luna.

   I scrambled out of bed when I heard the familiar heavy pounding on my bedroom door. My brother; Mason Parker. Our relationship was strictly blood related. That’s it. He hated me; but the feeling wasn’t mutual. I actually looked up to him. After all, he was my brother, whether he liked it or not.  

   I rubbed my eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness in them before shouting back, “I’m up, I’m up!”

   “God. You’re so damn slow,” He muttered, but my wolf ears picked up on that.

   “Thanks,” I responded sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

   “Just shut up and get some clothes on you,” He grumbled back, stomping away.

   I sighed and went into the bathroom to freshen up a bit. Might as well. I didn’t need people to be all up in my case because I had bizarre morning breath.

   I threw on a pair of baggy khaki’s and a loose fitting white T-shirt. My typical outfit. I quickly ran a brush through my waist length jet black hair. I secured my flimsy backpack on my back and ran out the door where my brother was waiting for me with a scowl on his face.

   “Why do you even take so long? You’ll always be ugly,” He remarked, looking my outfit up and down.

   “Stop doing that. I feel as if you’re checking me out,” I said, reaching for the last apple in the bowl.

   He snorted, “That’d be the last thing I’d- or anyone- would do.”

   “Aren’t you nice, brother dear,” I said in a sickly sweet voice, taking a bite of the apple.

   “Shut up you worthless piece of shit and let’s go,” He snarled, storming outside, not sparing me another glance.

   How nice. My own brother thought that I was a worthless piece of shit. Well actually everyone but my parents did. I wonder what I did to have everyone hate me so much. I shrugged and followed my brother outside.

   “Look at how low the car dipped when you came in,” Reece commented from the driver’s seat. My brother high-fived him from the passenger seat and chuckled at the joke.

   I stayed silent. I don’t know why but I could never bring myself to talk back to Reece. He had this weird power over me. Anyone else, I would shoot them down with my sarcastic remarks.

---

   School was torture. I kept receiving pitiful looks from the teacher’s as random students verbally bullied me. Actions speak louder than words. Their words were cutting through me like knives.

   All I wanted to do was go back home and take a nice bath. Yeah. That sounded good.

   I trudged out of school and walked towards Reece’s car where he was leaning against it casually, winking at every female passerby’s . . . except me.

   I was about to open the door of the car, when his hand grabbed mine roughly.

   I felt electricity from his touch. So vivid and it made me feel all tingly inside. I could tell he felt it too, because he was frozen, staring at our intertwined hands with a look of pleasure.

   “We’re mates,” I whispered, suddenly feeling a rush of overwhelming happiness taking over me.

   By now, a crowd had circled around us; Reece and I were the two main characters. Everyone snickered once the two words left my mouth.

   Reece was still dazed but snapped out of it. “You speak lies Audrina. My mate would never be a fat arse like you, with an ugly face to match. You’re a worthless piece of trash who doesn’t deserve to breathe the air we breathe,” He growled, gesturing with his hands at the crowd around us.

   The wolf inside of my howled in pain, while my heart suffered heartbreak. I knew I wasn’t wanted around here, but hearing my mate say it, made something tick inside of me.

   I ran home as fast as I could, tears spilling out of my eyes.

   I would grant my pack’s wish and be out of their lives forever.

   I was running away.

--------------------------

   This isn't how I usually write but I wrote it quickly and decided to upload it. I'll edit later. Sorry if it sucks, but I hope you guys liked it enough to stay tuned in for the upcoming chapters. :)