The Leg Off

As Frisk entered the final area of the core,they reached out towards the SAVE star and created a new SAVE.

They had been warned by the Royal Scientist,Dr.Alphys,of Mettaton,the deadly entertainment robot equipped with the most dangerous and fabulous legs ever made.The thought alone of facing something like that frightened them,but if they wanted to get home,this was their only option.Determined,they stepped into the dark room,where they saw Mettaton himself.

"I SEE THAT YOU FINALLY HAD THE COURAGE TO FACE ME HEAD ON HUMAN.A FABULOUS AND DEADLY ENTERTAINER SUCH AS MYSELF MUST HAVE MADE YOU QUIVER IN FEAR.REGARDLESS,YOU HAD THE BOLDNESS TO COME HERE AND CHALLENGE FATE!THE AUDIENCE JUST LOVES WHEN THE CHALLENGER OVERCOMES THEIR FEAR!THE RATINGS ARE LOOKING AMAZING...BUT NOT AS AMAZING AS MINE."

Frisk said nothing as they looked fiercely at the robot box in front of them.They were shaking a little,but tried their hardest not to show it.

"HUMAN...THIS IS ALL BEEN A HOAX,A FACADE,A TRICK."

"He-hello?Wh-why won't th-this o-open?"

The voice came from the door behind Mettaton.It sounded like Dr.Alphys.

"H-Hey!Open the door!"

"DR.ALPHYS HAD THIS PLANNED FROM THE START.SHE WAS THE ONE WHO REACTIVATED THE PUZZLES,THE ONE WHO HAD ME PLAN DOZENS OF TERRIBLE AND DASTARDLY TRAPS THAT WOULD PUT YOU IN DANGER,ALL SO SHE COULD SHOW UP JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME TO 'SAVE' YOU.HER PLAN WOULD HAVE ENDED IN THIS VERY ROOM,WITH HER SAVING YOU ONE LAST TIME...BUT THEN,I HAD A BETTER IDEA."

Frisk didn't like the way this was going.They started to shake more...or so they thought,until they realized that it was the ground that was shaking.

"WHY STOP THERE?"As soon as Mettaton spoke those words,the ground started to ascend with immense speed,making Frisk fall to the ground:"MORE ROMANCE!MORE DRAMA!MORE BLOODSHED!THE SHOW MUST GO ON!"

The ground stopped and Frisk entered a FIGHT with Mettaton.He threw some mini robots projectiles at Frisk,but they quickly rolled out of the way and grabbed their gear,an empty revolver and a cowboy hat.Despite being a pacifist,Frisk still knew that it was better to come prepared for whatever they had to face.

As Mettaton ended his turn,Frisk got a call on their phone.They thought it would be better if they didn't pick up,but it was automatically answered:

"He-hello?Hu-human!Lis-listen!Mettaton h-has a sw-switch o-on the back of h-his bo-body!Yo-You ne-need to pr-press i-it!"

Frisk wasn't too clear on what the point of pressing the button would do,but they knew from a previous CHECK they did on him that he was pretty invincible.Despite the trick Dr.Alphys had pulled on them,she had gotten them out of Mettaton's sticky situations before and right now she was the only option they had.

Frisk thought for a while and then chose to ACT.They told Mettaton that there was a mirror behind him,making him turn around excitedly.

"OH?!WHERE IS THIS MIRROR?!I NEED TO MAKE SURE I'M PERFECT FOR..."As Mettaton was distracted,Frisk quickly flipped the switch:"DID YOU...FLIP...MY..."

Mettaton shaked franatically as he turned around,holding his head and the lights on his screen flickered between red and yellow.Suddendly, there was a blinding light that was followed by a curtain of smoke.Frisk cleared their eyes as he saw a figure emerging from the smoke:

"Oh my~.If you pressed my switch...that can only mean one thing:You're dying to see the premier of my new body!Well,don't worry darling.I'll make your final moments..."

As the smoke cleared,Frisk saw a robot in front of him.It was a robot that looked very similar to a human,but instead of skin,there was grey metal.He had black hair,a pink chestplate,black legs and a dazzling smile.This was Mettaton EX.