2. ▏prologue (p.2)

prologue.  ▏moving in (p.2)

|•|

SUMMER had come to Felix in the blink of an eye as the male stared in awe at the houses he had passed by. A few hours earlier, he had seen many ruined houses that were old and already starting to wear off. Thankfully, that part of the trip lasted a couple of minutes as the other neighborhood was more relaxed and pleasant to look at. Chan told Felix that they were almost there, it was just another one-hour ride. Felix sighed, but he came back to his happy senses as he passed a lake surrounded by sparkling grass and families having picnics. Overall, his whole perspective of the trip was amazing. He had seen beautiful things, exquisite things, maybe some unusual things, but everything was wonderful for him. He couldn't wait any longer until he finally saw the house. He wondered if the house was made of glass or expensive material. If it had gigantic bathrooms and rooms or an enormous pool and jacuzzi. If that was the case, he'd faint on the spot. He pondered about the house and made his own visual imagine, wondering if Chan actually had that type of house. But then again, Felix knew the house would cost millions, and Chan was barely near the thousands at the moment. Even so, Felix didn't mind what house he was moving in. As long as he had Chan and another male to communicate with if Chan was gone, he was perfectly fine.

Chan pulled over and leaned back on his seat, sighing loudly. He smiled and his dimples revealed themselves through the rearview mirror. Felix also smiled as he knew dimples were his weakness in life. Especially when it came to Chan. Felix gripped the handle and slammed open the door, rushing to open the trunk. Chan followed behind him, telling Felix to go inside the house to take a look. Felix turned around and stared in awe at the structure of Chan's home. The walls were perfectly painted with a dark gray shade, the roof painted in the same color. The porch was clean and classy, nothing to expensive nor too unpleasant. The house was surrounded by healthy trees and flowers, along with some other houses that also looked comfy. The house gave Felix a comfortable and relaxed mood, something he needed after all that adrenaline of arriving. He smiled, sighing happily as he knew staying here was a great decision. Felix looked back at Chan, chuckling lowly as he saw Chan struggling with a few boxes. Despite Chan being stronger than Felix, the miracle of him not being able to carry a box full of decorations was something to laugh about. For Felix it was something to laugh about. Chan let go of the heavy box and panted a few times before grunting again, hoping to God the box will magically be lighter. It was. Chan looked to his side and noticed that it wasn't a miracle. It was Felix. He smiled and thanked the younger male, patting his back. Felix noticed the box was somewhat heavy, but he could tolerate it. Both males took the box inside and placed it near the staircase. Chan told Felix that he would work on the male's room. Felix nodded and allowed Chan to work on his room, hopefully praying he wouldn't break anything or misplace any of his belongings. Felix sighed, walking outside. He enjoyed the birds chirping and the giggles of kids who were biking with their families. It had reminded Felix of his days back in Australia when he had first learned to bike and how he had a backyard full of birds. It was heavenly for him. He had spaced out thinking about his memories, not noticing what was happening in the present.

Hey, watch out! ❞ a voice exclaimed at Felix, the younger male snapping out of his trance. Felix fell in a lightning quick moment, the male groaning at the pain he had gotten on his knee. He wrapped his palms around his bruised knee, sitting up to examine it. It was slightly cut but it was nothing to exaggerate about. Unfortunately, Felix always exaggerated about bruises, whether they were big or small. Felix fluttered his eyes open and glanced at the male, noticing how normal he looked. And by normal he meant perfectly fine. No scratches, bruises, anything. The guy smiled at him and extended his hand, hoping Felix would take it. He did. Felix stood up in an instant and concealed the pain his knee was having, glaring at the stranger. The stranger chuckled, tilting his head slightly at Felix. ❝ I told you to watch out.