Part Two

Zayn Malik worked the boats at the San Francisco Yacht Club. Ariana immediately noticed him bent over the rigs working on one of the biggest yachts the club owned. He was bare-chested with his jet black hair in a wild mess with strands sticking up in every direction, he was wearing his usual skinny black jeans with a dirty white rag snaking out of his back pocket. His tattoos snaked like oil up his ring finger and covered the skin up to his elbow.

'Hey, stranger'

A smile broke out across his face as he turned around at the sound of her voice.

'I nearly forgot how beautiful you are' he beamed.

Ariana laughed away his compliment, too shy to accept it. Zayn and Ariana hadn't been able to see each other for nearly a week - it was hard enough to escape the responsibilities that were forced upon her at Rosa's palace, let alone trying to see him once she was home. Her father would explode with rage if he even suspected she was dating a gang member, what made it worse was that he was from the notorious Malik family.

Zayn held out his hand 'Come here.'

Ariana carefully stepped off the pier and on to the yacht. The Californian sun bounced off the crisp white sails and the sleek surfaces. Zayn's strong grip encircled her waist as he drew her into a kiss. When the kiss became more fevered, Ariana pulled away.

'This one is beautiful' she sighed, scoping the length of the yacht. 'Who does it belong to?'

Zayn scratched his head in thought 'How should I know?' he said, 'I'm just paid to make sure these things work when people need them. But someday I'll be the owner of a yacht ten times the size of this one, you'll see.'

'And where would you sail us?'

'Wherever you wanted to go.' He kissed her again, his hands running down her back to the end of her short dress.

'Not getting distracted, I hope?' a voice bellowed from behind them. As Ariana turned to face the source of the voice she saw a short, chubby man removing his shades and rubbing them against his shirt.

'Sorry boss, I'm almost done here' said Zayn, whilst holding Ariana firmly to him.

Zayn's boss frowned as he scanned Ariana's body from head to toe, starting at her mane of wild brown hair to her scuffed sneakers.

'Malik, you know we don't let girlfriends on the boats' he sighed.

'It won't happen again.' Still refusing to release her.

The man watched them uncertainly before slowly moving off further down the boardwalk.

'Erm...Zayn?'

'What?' he snapped.

'Can you let go of me now?' Ariana teased.

'Oh..right...can we wait till I'm in a position to move?' he chuckled.

'Oh.'

Ariana glanced away. She knew it was unfair of her to hold out on Zayn, she liked him; he was funny, kind and treated her right. Yet her instincts kept telling her that she wasn't ready. What was she waiting for? marriage? her soul mate? People talked about meeting "The One", that single person that makes you want to wait and hold out for because you love them more than anything else in the entire world and you just know that you'll always be together no matter what life throws at you. But Ariana knew that was all just fantasy, a plot from one of her books. Real life didn't work that way.

So why was she so scared that she didn't feel those things with Zayn? Surely if they didn't exist, why should it count?

But to Ariana, it did.

AN:

Sorry this is short but its 00:28am and I'm tired, but I'll hopefully be writing more when I get up and maybe another update if I get it finished?

~Lauren