:1:

Exhilarating. Her job was exhilarating, sending adrenaline through her veins like heroin. She lived for it: the danger and thrill. Most wouldn't enjoy getting up to trouble knowing the consequences however she did. Which is why she took up the profession of being a bodyguard. It was fairly simple: you had training and trials then you'd be hired for as long as needed, once you were no longer needed, you'd move on. It was the ideal job for someone that was partly emotionally distant, had no self-worth or fear and simply got high off adrenaline. Oh and you also had to be a dangerously good driver too...well in her case she did.

She was fearless, fast, fierce and owned a mind of stone. Unbreakable. She didn't have any sort of dramatic past that got her where she was, she was raised like the average child was. She took nothing from no-one: she was stubborn, aggressive and sharp-tongued. She didn't care what she said, she knew no consequences. She lived for the excitement and thrill of life itself. But anyway, let's get into the tale of the Cruiser...

Street lamps and headlights in the night with engines and yelling creating a perfect harmony. Her palm gliding along the steering wheel. The glimmers of lights streaming across her sunglasses, shaped in the perfect cat-eyes. She peacefully drowned out the outside noise by blaring her music as she made her way to the designated meeting point. The place where she'd pick up her client.

Her client however, was not having as much of a good time as she was. He was huffing and puffing every last breathe he had in order to get away from the Police. His feet numb from slamming against the concrete for so long. His thoughts and mind somewhere else due to the high he was on. He struggled to run straight as his coordination decreased. The police had caught him smoking far too much weed in public and were out to arrest him. However, he didn't want to be locked up or charged so he pegged it since the Coppers didn't really get a chance to see the male's face.

She parked her Range Rover Evoque in the back car park of a convenient store. Her smart watch read 23:32, in exactly 1 minute, he would pitch up. This was just an estimation of luck however, she knew nothing about her client. Just that he was 'a bit of a handful'. Her fingers tapped the wheel while the engine ran. A little while later a young man came swinging round the corner, stumbling up to the car and forcefully flinging the door open. He hurriedly slid in, slamming the door and huffed.

"Drive!" He turned his head towards the girl and yelled.

"Seatbelt first, Kiddo." She waited as the boy fumbled anxiously with the seatbelt, clicking it in and looking out the window, all skittish. The Cruiser drove out the space and continued down the road.

The car was silent, the only sound being the hum of her music. He noticed something uncommon about her: she wore sunglasses despite it being dark and she used her palm to drive. The only hand being propped up on the tiny window ledge. He said nothing, only taking glances at his driver. He eventually broke the silence.

"What's with the shades? It's dark, love." His accent was thick and Australian. Well, that was expected in Australia but still. She took a glance in the rear-view mirror.

"I get a headache if I don't wear them while driving." She replied monotonous. Red and blue flashes reflected into the mirror and her glasses. Her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth turned into a snarl of disgust. "Ugh, we've got company. They've spotted you."

"W-what do you mean they've spotted me? What about you! Won't you be damned?" His voice showed panic and fear. Her face showed thought and mischief.

"Don't worry about me. Besides, they'd let me off, I ain't doing no harm."

"MonkaS, dude. MonkaS." He relaxed and flung himself back into the seat. She turned her head in confusion but brushed it off. The cars behind her started getting on her tail, the sirens getting louder and the lights getting brighter.

"Hold on, we're going for a ride." And with that adrenaline pumped through her veins and the car accelerated. She was most definitely going over the speed limit. The boy grinned and held onto the handle located above the window. He couldn't deny the feeling of fear and paranoia underneath the excitement.

Despite the speed they were driving at, she still drove with one hand - palm to be specific - with no fear or second thought. No panic, no thought. Like her mind was stimulated to show nothing vulnerable. Like she always knew what to do.

The boy however, being somewhat high, his face flushed white with the slightest ecstasy causing his hand to grip the handle harder. Despite his state, his grin didn't fade; instead it grew.
The chase continued. Police hot on their tail then far back again. The Rover flying round twists and turns, the flashing of blue and red blinding then fading. Cruiser slipped into the darkness of a back road, the matte black finish of the vehicle blending in with the shadows the night brought. She reduced the speed to a casual twenty miles per hour and the boy relaxed, his hand falling onto his lap.

"That was..." he chuckled "monkaS."

"Are you okay?" She turned her head ever so slightly to look at him.

"Oh, yeah. I'm good. Baked, but good." She smiled at his reply.

"So, what's your address? I need to take you home." The smart screen on the dashboard lit up, revealing the sat-nav. The, obviously dyed, bleach blond boy typed the address in, his face radiant like an ape who'd just discovered technology.

The ride back to his, rather modern and grand, home was silent. Nothing but music filling the gaps. He'd even recommended his favourite music. They had pulled up on the drive where they exchanged goodbyes, thank you's and smiles.

"There a chance I'd see you again?" He asked, a smirk tugging his cheeks.

"High chance, mate."

"You're not from here, are you?" The Cruiser shook her head. Their moment was interrupted by the front door opening, a tall, blond male stood in the doorway.

"Come on Mason, you have some explaining." His accent was Kiwi and gentle. As 'Mason' plodded to the door, the other two gave each other a nod and he mouthed a 'thank you'.

And for the rest of the night she was nowhere to be seen.