~ • ~ P r o l o g u e ~ • ~

" AAAAAAAHHHHH!Run!RUN MY CHILD!" Sugar's mother shouted in fear. Her father grasped her , and hid her behind bushes.
              "Stay here , I'll help you mother, " he whispered.
              "But, what if mommy doesn't come back? Will you come back?" Sugar cried trying to latch on to him. They were just taking a stroll into the forest and boom, two people attacked out of nowhere. They had magic of their own. It was so powerful trees caught fire, and dust flew. Sugar sat in fear watching her parents try to fight them off, but it wasn't enough. The woman grabbed her mother. She took her spear, and slowly  dug it into her mother's chest. A silence came , and left. Her father shouted in rage and tried to attack the woman, but the man latched onto his shirt , and slammed his head onto stone. The man and woman flew off with smiles on their faces. Sugar ran to her parents. She shook their bodies hoping they'd wake up.
               "No no no no no please wake up please, " she began sobbing " mommy, daddy , please....please..." she sat in their puddles of blood trying to make sense of what just happened.
              "I love you mommy and daddy..." she whispered trying not to choke on tears.
              "Wow...and to think that was all, what, thirteen years ago? Jeez, how did I survive? Like, how could I have survived for so long without money and guardians?" Sugar was talking to herself again.
              "Oh, well I guess it's cause my parents already had a ton of food at the house in case of emergencies. They planned to have another kid, but that backfired. They prepared food ,and water to last us at least 4 years. They also left a stash of money. I wish i could thank them for all this stuff," Sugar mumbled. She grabbed her bag and walked outside. Sugar lived in a large house which was hidden by a couple of oak trees. She loved that house. It had a huge library filled to the brim with all types of spell books and folktales. She would use her parents' room as her own since she always adored their bed. Her own room was now her office for studying and practicing magics. She remembers her parents telling her about the tribes of this forest village she calls home. Her species of people , known as the Halabrikrahs, are similar to normal humans. Halabrikrahs were born with either tails, wings, or horns. Each person belonged to a tribe. People with wings had the Krah tribe. Tailed people had the Hala tribe , better known as the Earth tribe. Those whom were born with horns were part of the Bri tribe. Sugar was a special girl, she has all three of those little quirks and is considered an Ultimate. Ultimates usually have access to advanced powers, or learn to use them. These people are very rare , and one is born every fifty years. They often protect everyone else.
                 "Hah, well then I guess I'm a stupid Ultimate if I can't even protect my parents, huh?" Sugar turns to face you.
                 "Hi," a grin forms upon her face. This is something she enjoys called "breaking the fourth wall" it honestly freaks out some people when she does this in public. "Keep explaining the life of Halabrikrahs to our dear readers , madame," Sugar commanded. "Okay, okay!" anyways, that's how this species is separated. They also have power ranks based on magic. Hala tribe is weakest, then Krahs, next Bris, and finally Ultimates. 
                 "Hey there, Sugar!" The store clerk welcomed her as she entered the building.
                 "Hi, Zara," Sugar replied.
                 "How's it goin', man? You doin' alright at home? " Zara asked.
                 "Yeah, I'm alright , and, uh, how've you been?" Sugar said.
                 "Yeah, I'm alright too. Hey can you come to the back with me?" Zara gestured to the back storage rooms. Sugar walked inside, Zara shut the door, and switched on the lights.