Computers, yogurt, and angsty moms

It wasn't so often that Desiree was having trouble with something, more so something that her mother had appointed her to do, but she had to admit, reprogramming a virused computer wasn't something she had in mind when she'd offered to help the woman in exchange for making up the accident of the previous night's drunken escapades. It wasn't entirely her fault that someone had slipped her an extra strong one unnoticed! And it was out of her hands that she would ever try and "Altair it" off the side of a ten story building, but of course her mother had saw and heard all about it. It surprised Desiree as to how she heard anything at all. Her mother was a pretty busy woman after all...

"Doesn't she know I can't do a damn thing about this piece of shit? It's like she expects me to stare cluelessly at all day!" As she said it, the thought donned on her. "Wait a minute...she knew I couldn't do shit about this! That's why she left! Ugh...if only C-"

The doorbell interrupted her as it chimed it's pleasant tone throughout the house. Desiree and her mother had recently moved into an old flat in New York due to the loss of their most recent one. It wasn't really a big deal, except maybe for the fact that Desiree had grown up there, but all childhood memories aside, it was a nice move and New York was the place to be. As much as her mother didn't like the noise, Desiree felt naturally drawn here, it might've just been from her past life here, though. As for her father though, he was staying in Montreal on account of his never ending job assignments. However, Desiree and her mother did see himself every so often. When he did come down to visit they'd go and maybe have dinner or something quiet, they were a family in need of putting back together and they were trying their hardest to do so. For the sake of everything Desiree had been through.

"You gonna sit around staring at that poor excuse for a machine or are you gonna let me in?" That voice was of one from heaven, like an angel pressing their face against an old, rusted door, muffled against the barrier between life and death.

And it was about time she opened it for god's sake...

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm coming hold on!"

Desiree eagerly stood from her death post and stumbled over the few remaining unpacked boxes that blocked her path to the doorway. When opening the door, Desiree met herself with none other than the shaggy black hair of hope, wearing his favorite headphones as usual. "Beck! Holy shit you're a life saver!

Come look at this piece of crap!"

Tripping over boxes, Desiree and Beck made their way over to the old monitor and watched for a moment as a blue screen flickered on and off simultaneously. "Well?" Desiree asked a few seconds after Beck seemed to have examined it.

"Well is right...this thing is totally screwed! But if it makes your mom happy, I can try my best at it. It'll take awhile though so if you had any thoughts on having some alone time then I'd cancel those plans. Desiree shrugged and made her way around the counter to the connected kitchen, hoisting herself up onto counter and looming through the multiple cupboards they possessed before craning her neck back enough to see him and not fall back off the counter. "So did you want anything to eat? Because I'm starved."

"Yeah, actually that'd be nice. I didn't think about getting anything on the way here, so sure. It's going to be while anyways." Beck said as he looked over the wiring condition the computer was in. Which was pretty bad as of the present time.

"Alright so we have...food. How does that sound?"

"Food sounds terrific. As long as I can get a drink with that."

Desiree giggled a little at that one. She always loved sharing her poor humor with Beck, he was one of the few friends she had still that was comfortable with making ridiculous jokes with her. Well, besides Claire, she was always one to joke, but lately she'd been busy with something no one knew what about. So Desiree was left with Beck, who now that she though about it was always followed by-