Chapter 3

For AnnMarieThrush

A/N: Nikkie did it! Now for the others.

"Shh....Let's not wake up daddy." My eyes fluttered open at the sound of Scott's voice and Wyatt's coughing over the baby monitor. I slowly got out of bed and made my way to the nursery. I stopped in front of the bathroom. There was steam flowing out from underneath the door.

"Scott?" I opened the door, rubbing my eyes at the sudden bright light. Scott was holding Wyatt closely and as gentle as possible while the baby coughed. He had the shower and faucet on hot.

"What are you doing up?" I sat on the edge of the tub next to him. I leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"I heard him coughing." I put my hand up to Wyatt's forehead to check if he had a fever. "This is probably why he hasn't been crying." I rubbed the baby's back, putting my forehead against Scott's shoulder.

"We have kids coming for Alex's party tomorrow. You should go to sleep."

"I'm fine. Stop worrying about me." I put my hand on the back of Wyatt's head and rubbed my thumb along the smooth dark hair. Scott kissed the baby's head.

"Babies smell so good." Wyatt began coughing loudly.

"Let me see him." Scott transferred the baby into my arms. I had it so Wyatt's head was resting on my shoulder. "Poor Little Blue has the croup."

"Is that his nickname?" Scott leaned over to kiss my cheek. I stood up, rubbing my hand over Wyatt's back and humming softly.

"Can you make sure the others are still asleep?"

"Baby, it's six in the morning. Go to sleep." I shook my head.

"I have to make Alex his waffles. It's a birthday tradition."

"Let me take care of Wyatt then." I tried to hand Wyatt over to Scott but the baby began screaming at the top of his lungs. "Never mind." Scott let the baby lay back down on my shoulder. The crying stopped immediately.

"I'm sorry. Do you want to make breakfast with me? I need my handsome chef." After turning the water off and going downstairs, Wyatt was in his car seat I had set up on the counter. "No crying." He looked at me while trying to chew on his bottom lip. He gave me a little cough.

"I'm worried." I glanced at Scott.

"He might just need some water." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You're so smart." I closed my eyes as he kissed my neck. I bit my lip. I felt a shiver go down my spine. This was amazing. Though I wish I could get more. His hand slipped up my shirt, watching out for the sore part on my stomach. The scar that was once again reopened for the new addition to our family.

"Daddy?" I heard Coralie's voice at the top of the stairs. Scott moved away from me and I could feel my body craving the return of his touch. I wasn't going to last this long without any strenuous activities. "Papa." Scott lifted Cory into his arms.

"What's up, baby girl?"

"I'm hungry." He brushed her hair out of her face.

"Well daddy is going to make waffles."

"I don't like waffles." She started whining. I got the iron out before looking at her with my hands on my hips.

"Coralie Quinn. It is not your birthday. You will eat waffles just like your brother had to eat crepes on your birthday." She crinkled her nose in disgust. I sighed. "I'll put strawberries on yours."

"Yay! Thank you daddy. Can I wake Bubby up?" I nodded as she practically jumped out of Scott's arms to the stairs.

"Why do you give into her?" I laughed at Scott. I began mixing the batter.