Breaking The News

I sat in the leather chair in front of my dads desk as he folded his hands.

" What makes you think that I am just going to let you go," he asked me with a frown on his face.

" As Alpha you could make me stay, but as my dad you will let me go. I love you, Mom, and Jason with my entire being, but it is time for me to make my own path. Time to be the daughter and wolf you raised."

He just looked at me. Then he got up and walked out of the door.

-----------

I stood behind my dad as our pack gathered around. We were the second largest pack in the United States. The first was a pack called the BloodMoon Pack. According to our books if anyone stepped foot in their territory they were automatically dead. If not worse.

" I called you all here to say that Izzy has decided to go in search of her mate,'' my dad stated causing my wolf to laugh.

Who does he think we are? We do not need our mate.

I know, but he has to have a good excuse for me to leave.

My wolf seemed to accept that so she shut up.

" She will be leaving tomorrow so tonight we celebrate. Now here she is to say her goodbyes."

I stepped forward with a smile on my face.

" I just want you all to know, you are my family, and I will miss each and every one of you. Especially my big brother, Jason. I can't believe tonight is the last time we will all be together," then I choked on my last words as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Suddenly I was engulfed by wolves. I knew I was going to miss them, but I had to learn to live without them. I had always been protected. Even as I surpassed everyone in my training I still was never alone. It was time for me to fend for myself.

----------------

During the night my pack had stripped the house of all of my belongings. All that was left to pack was my closet. I took a shower in my best friend Emily's bathroom, and made my way to my closet. I put on a pair of frayed jean short shorts, a black crop top with the words Suck It in red letters, and a pair of black converses. I let my natural waves hang down my back and fall about three inches above my butt. I looked in my bathroom mirror and my silver-blue eyes starred back at myself.

I walked downstairs and was crushed into a hug by Jason.

" I'm gonna miss you Izzy."

I locked my arms around his waist.

" I know Jase. I am gonna miss you to."

" Are you eating breakfast?"

I just shook my head.

" I want to leave before everyone wakes up."

" I love you sis."

" I love you too."

He walked me out the door as Levi and Tyler loaded my boxes of clothes in my car. I hugged him one last time as I got in the car.

I drove away from the pack house that I had grown up in with tears in my eyes.

---------------

It was three A.M when my car started shaking. I pulled to the side of the road and got out.

" Shit."

My tire is flat.

Way to go Isabella.

Shut up. It is not my fault.

I'm sure.

I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm. Then I smelt them. Another pack. My heart sped as I realized I was in another pack's territory. I was about to change when I felt a hand cover my mouth. Before I could even think about my training everything went black.