In Too Deep

"Please pick up, please pick up, please pick up!" I paced my bedroom back and forth until the carpet started burning my well manicured feet. Shecaniah, my bestfriend from Baton Rouge, was taking forever too answer the phone and I knew that hoe seen me calling because she had just tweeted some shit.

"Hello?" I plopped on the bed and took a breath of relief when she answered the phone. Besides her, I really didn't have no one to call, and even thought mu ultimate trio was there for me when I needed them, the only advice they were good for giving was hitting the blunt, hitting the bottle, or going out to clear your mind, and at the moment, I didn't want to hear none of that shit.

"Bish, oh my god, the day I've had!"

"Ooh girl spill me the details, but first, FaceTime me so I can see your facial expressions when you tell me this," she giggled into the phone. I immediately pressed the FaceTime button on my phone and waited for our call to connect. I was looking a hot mess but who gave a fuck. This bitch had seen me and my lowest and at my worst. I sat my phone to the side against my stack of books on my desk and went in on the shit that had took place.

"Basically, the topic of discussion today has been this nigga named Rocky, who apparently is looking for me because we met one time before at a smoke session and he wanted to get with me, the only thing is this nigga got kids AND he aint shit when it comes to girls. I was good until I skipped school to go to Kavon house and that nigga popped up over there. I didn't even know they knew eachother!" I had told the scenario so fast that I was damn near out of breath when I was done.

"Just play it safe boo, and don't agree to meet up with nobody expect your close friends at school, Kavon, and family. In due time, you'll be walking across the stage and enterning a new journey of life in college. Don't sweat it, ain't like that nigga know your deepest secret." she turned her nose up. I felt better talking to my best friend because she always had some real shit to say. I ended out FaceTime call with a few air kisses and a promise to text tomorrow. I laid on the bed and took her words in deeply as I laid on the bed and thought about the events of the day. She was right, it wasn't like he knew anything about me, so I had nothing to worry about, he was just interested in me that's all. The night air coming through my window felt amazing, and I just knew a blunt, this weather, and a drive through the city was gone clear my mind. I called up my weed man, and asked him to roll me a blunt and I would be through to pay for it, grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys, and made my way to the east side of New Orleans, where all the fine redbones and dark skinned dreadheads chilled on nights like this. I wasn't searching for attention, I was just searching for the opportunity to be around different people, people who didn't know me that well, people who were searching for the same thing I was. When I finally got to the eastside, I had already burned a half tank of gas. I walked up to the second floor of my weed man's apartment and knocked on the door.

"Wassup ma," he greeted me with my rolled blunt in hand and a smile on his face. I had known this nigga since my sophomore year of high school, and didn't trust no one else with my weed. I placed a ten in his hand and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"You save me every time love," I walked away from the steps and got into my car. The smell of the sparked loud filled my car and I was instantly in love. I wasn't a pothead, I just had habits I needed to support and this was one of them. I threw my car in reversed and cruised down a few blocks until my phone rung. It was My'Riah.

"Bitch where you at?"

"On the east side guh where you at?"

"At QT on the eastside, come thru, we just chilling,"

I turned my nose up at the offer, the work we stood out to me and I was curious to know who all was out there, like I had said, I ain't want no attention, just something new.