The Next Avengers: Tributes of Tomorrow | Book 1: Say Goodbye

AUTHORS NOTE

____________________

So this is a crossover of "The Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow" and "The Hunger Games" Don't say anything rude, this is my first time. KTHXBAI. 

__________________________________

~Torunn Thordottir's Point of View~

I woke up on my bed, reaching out to find the warmth of my mother, Lady Sif. She must be with my father, Thor, today. She has to be, it's reaping day afterall. They are both too old to enter the Hunger Games, they're just worried about me. You see, the Hunger Games are annual between the Midgard and Asgardian realms. We get  12 tributes from both realms, and they fight to the death. There is only one victor, its the person who has defeated all the other tributes, all 23. Last year, it was the Midgardian Francis Barton. He used the bow and arrow as his weapon in the Games, he was a interesting mortal. I walked up to my parents room and snuggled with them for a few minutes, not a bit scared. "Mother, Father. I'm going to go now." I said. "To where, Torunn?" My father asked. "To the palace, I would like to spend time with Uncle Loki and Grandfather Odin." I replied. "Ah, alright. See you soon Torunn. Be back before the reaping." My mother demanded. "Yes, mother, father. Goodbye." I said as I walked out of the door. 

I walked into the palace casually. "Hello Uncle, Hello Grandfather." Without a word, they both hugged me tight. "What's with the hugs?" I say confused. "The reaping is today, we just wanted to give you luck." Loki said, trying to hold back tears. "I'm fine! I won't be picked!! There are many children on Asgard. I'm pretty sure I WON'T be picked this year." 

After staying in the palace for a few hours, I went back home to get ready for the reaping. Placed on my bed were a yellow leather and golden metal outfit, attached to it was a red cape identical to my fathers cape. I slipped into the outfit, feeling comfortable, I put on my helmet. My helmet was identical to my fathers, but it was golden with a few more feathers. "You look ravishing, Torunn." My mother complimented as she straighted my hair. "Thank you mothe-" I was cut off by the horn, the horn tells everyone to come to the center of Asgard for the reaping. I hugged my mother and father once more and left for the center.