The Next Avengers: Tributes of Tomorrow | Book 1: Chapter 2

~Torunn Thordottir Point of View~

I walked into the crowd of Asgardian men and women, looking up at the platform. A woman in a silver and gold dress walked up onto the platform with a cheeky smile. She was wearing TOO MUCH make-up in my opinion. Red lipstick and blue hair? Ugh. She has no sense of fashion. "Welcome to Reaping Day!" The woman said with a cheery expression. We stayed silent, looking at her intently. "We are gathered here today, the twelve children who so bravely get to go to the Hunger Games, and FIGHT for the throne, representing Asgard in the 77th, Hunger Games." The lady introducted. "Now, ladies first." She said, walking to a bowl, she put her hand into the bowl and carefully grabbed 6 slip of papers. As she did so, my grandfather and Uncle put their hands onto my shoulders, wanting to protect me. "The female tributes are....June Namadottir, Kula Valdottir, Kia Alindottir, Natli Aridottir, Jade Lokidottir, Katy Zaydottir, Alyssa Jaydottir, Marg Heimdottir, Juliet Taidottir, May Naladottir, April Nyedottir, and Torunn Thordottir!!"

The grip on my shoulders tightened when Uncle Loki and Grandfather heard my name. I sighed and wriggled them off and walked to the stage with the 12 other girls. "Clap for the 12 tributes, OF THE HUNGER GAMES!!" Said the lady, clapping madly to herself, the crowd just stayed quite. I spotted my mother and father from a distance, my mother clinging onto my father, sobbing. I just tried to hide my feeling, not wanting to show anyone that I'm just a weakling. I'm the daughter of Thor. 

I will win the Hunger Games.