Part Two

"Unforgettable in every way

And forever more, that's how you'll stay

That's why darling it's incredible

That someone so unforgettable

Thinks that I am unforgettable too."

-Unforgettable (Nat King Cole)

---

Tahani had been consoling Eleanor for three days now, and she was starting to get very irritated. She was fine, everything was fine, this was something that her best friend didn't need to worry about anymore.

But no, Tahani was too wrapped up with the news of the love confession and refused to stand down. But really, all it did was make Eleanor mad. Her beautiful friend could be so annoying sometimes.

"Just promise me that you won't go to Chidi about this?" The blonde asked seriously one day, laying her hand atop hers, "I don't need that shit."

Tahani bit her bottom lip and averted her friend's eyes. The blonde moved her head and narrowed her eyes at the taller girl, "Tahani?"

The Aristocrat bowed her head and twiddled with her thumbs, wanting nothing more than to be relieved of this situation right now.

"Tahani?" Eleanor pushed, snapping her fingers in front of the brunette's milky brown eyes.

She cleared her throat, "Well there's a possibility that I have already had a conversation with Chidi."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The blonde shouted.

"I am deeply sorry, though. If I had known that was not what you wanted, I would never have—"

"God, he probably thinks I'm a total shitface right now."

"He did apologize for his actions."

"Of course, he did." She spat, "Because he's a fucking saint." She got up off her seat and paced around the room, rubbing her temples, "You know what? I'm tired about all this gooey lovesick nonsense." She growled, "I'm going to class tomorrow and you and I are going to sort this out."

"The both of us? Why am I involved?"

"Because you made this a bigger problem than it already was, Legs."

"That's a fair point. I suppose I should apologize for my actions."

"Ya think? Now c'mon Hot Stuff, I need to get some sleep. All this love shit is giving me a headache. So, you go ahead and head home babe, I'll see you tomorrow."

The taller girl frowned at the thought and considered offering to spend the night at her motel. But then she thought of the lumpy pull-out, all the sticky surfaces, and the stains on the wall. She adored her best friend, but she had to draw the line at some point.

"Call me if you need anything." Tahani said instead, squeezing her friend's hand before walking out the door. The blonde smiled and waved goodbye, crashing in her bed just minutes later.

Eleanor walked into Chidi's office the next morning late. It wasn't a huge surprise, as this was often the case, so nobody really minded all that much.