00

[Y/N] loved his mother. Much more than he loved himself.

Everything he did was for his mother.

Dropping out of school, because she'd get lonely whenever he wasn't around. Abandoning his friends, because she wanted herself to be the only person in his life. He even went as far as to change who he was, mimicking everything about her.

The way she talked, the way she dressed, her little mannerisms that other people probably wouldn't notice.

He wanted to become just like his mother. Strong, beautiful, and a wonderful lady. She was wonderful even in her bloodstained white summer dress. Her (s/c) skin pale, (e/c) eyes unfocused and lifeless, staring at no where in particular while her loving son tried to shake her awake.

The day had started off completely normal, [Y/N] woke up a few hours earlier than his mother, cooked her a delicious breakfast, kissed her goodbye then went off to his two hour shift in the nearest convenience store.

Once he got back home, he was worried when he heard silence. His mother should be watching television by this time, but he heard nothing. The young man walked to his mother's room in a brisk pace, and let out a scream of shock he was sure the neighbors could hear when he saw her.

The only person he had in the world was lying on the ground in her blood. There were deep cuts on both her wrists, a tiny knife clutched in her hands.

[Y/N] was devastated, but deep inside he knew this day would come. No matter how much time he spent with his mother, that glint of loneliness never left her eyes. Everyday, it would pain him because she was slowly breaking apart because of the emptiness in her heart, but there was nothing he could do.

It especially hurt [Y/N] that even in death, her eyes still seemed lonely.

It was at that moment, he decided no matter what was going to happen, he would find the person that broke his mother. He would look for his father, who had abandoned her, and make him pay.

That was five years ago.