Lost Without You

Joe's POV
It's the after party of the strictly final. I'm so happy that Stacey won, because she and Kevin deserved it more than anything. I thought I would be more sad that I lost the glitter ball, but in my heart I knew one thing. I had won the real glitter ball many weeks ago. And she was standing right next to me, her hand intertwined in mine as we waded through the crowds of people dancing across the floor. Dianne Buswell. My girlfriend. On the night we met, I knew there was something about her.... but I couldn't place my finger on it. It took me until our waltz to understand what I felt was love. After that, all the feelings built up inside me rolled into one sentence.
'Will you be my girlfriend?'
I remember that night  like it was yesterday. It was now into the early hours of Sunday morning but me and dianne were still on an adrenaline rush. As we walked to our Uber, hand in hand, I saw a glint in her eye. I pulled her even closer as I wondered to myself, 'What have I got myself in for?'
Dianne's POV
It was getting late so me and joe decided to head home from the party, even though I was wide awake. On the journey home, my head rested against joe's shoulder, all I could think about was the boy sitting next to me. Ever since the night we met, I just knew he was my soulmate. Everything about him made me realise how wrong I had been about love before, because he made me laugh more, smile wider, and love deeper than I ever had before I met him. All I wanted tonight was to show him who I really was. To put my full heart  into someone, they have to see me at my most vulnerable, fragile state. Joe has seen me in pieces, but not in a way like tonight.
Joe's POV
The journey back, all I could think about was her. Dianne was everything I could ever have dreamed of and more. I'd seen her broken apart, but I knew what she was about to do tonight, and I'd never seen her like that. Without this sounding weird, I knew what we were about to do had every bit of meaning in the world to her. I could tell she was scared of judgement but I treasured everything about her in a way she will never understand, for I will never be able to put it into words. I squeezed her hand tightly and we stepped out of the taxi. In the lift, I wrapped my arm around her waist and rubbed circles on her hip. She bit her lip and smiled up at me. God I was in love with this girl.
Dianne's POV
I was scared of being judged. Joe had seen all the scars that haunt my body, but he'd never touched them like now. As we walked up the stairs to his room, I hesitated. He took hold of my hands and kissed me. It was the most passionate he had ever kissed me, full of emotion and desire. I knew this was the right time. The rest of the night was a blur. God I was in love with this man.
Joe's POV
I knew how much dianne feared me judging her scars, but I thought they were the most beautiful thing about her. It shows the journey she's been on, like battle-scars. They also remind me of the pieces we picked up of each other's broken parts, but I take with me only beautiful memories of those haunting nights, because we got through it all together. I don't know where I'd be without her

But I'd be lost.