Chapter 02 - End of the Smile / Praying the plague.

After Gabriela attended the first performance of the Smile with Mary in February 1970, Brian traveled to Tenerife, Spain with some college professors, to study Cosmic Dust, which would be the subject tackled by Brian in his PH D in Astrophysics and would only return in April. During the two months that the band had not performed, Tim and Roger had understood each other, but the drummer felt that Tim was different, as if at some point he wanted to say something very serious. Roger talked a lot to Freddie about it, saying he was worried, but Freddie calmed him down. During the two months, the friendship of Gabriela and Mary grew a lot, as did Gabriela's friendship with Freddie. But the relationship of cousins ​​between Gabriela and Roger was getting worse and William, father of Gabriela did not know what to do to change all this and to end the fights of the daughter with the nephew.

Time passed, until April 1970. On April 10, 1970, The Beatles announced its end and Lennon gave an interview to the journalists saying that the dream is over. Millions of young people around the world wept with the separation of the band, including Gabriela, their friends Cintia, Amanda and George, besides Freddie, Brian and Roger.

Saturday, April 11, 1970.

Imperial College.

More than three months later, the band Smile returns to perform at Imperial College and Gabriela went again with Mary, after Gisele and William authorized the saleswoman to go with her daughter to attend the Smile show. Mary promised that she would take care of Gabriela and that she would take her home, safe and sound. This time Cynthia, Amanda, and George also went. They arrived at seven-thirty in the evening and were seated in the first row the band would perform. The band finished rehearsing, when they saw the young people arriving. Roger was surprised to see his cousin again at the scene. At the end of the rehearsal the boys went to greet everyone. Roger looked at his cousin and smiled contemptuously at her.

"I see you're here again, I said I'm not talented, but you're here to watch my band's performance again," Roger said.

- I came to watch the talent of Tim and Brian, not yours, Taylor - Smiled with sarcasm Gabriela - Said and I repeat: you do not have talent and desire from the bottom of my heart that one day you be expelled from Smile.

"Please, no fights," Brian said, pulling them away. "Let's control the impulses, okay?" No confusions for today, agreed?

"Ok Bri, agreed." Gabriela smiled wryly.

Roger glared at his cousin and greeted the others and walked away. At eight o'clock the band took the stage and began the performance and the young people sang and cheered, including Gabriela watching Tim, Brian and also his cousin Roger, who played with a colored beret on his head, highlighting his long blond hair slightly wavy. Roger also played with his shirt a little open, showing his chest and the girls loved what they saw. Roger smiled mischievously at most of the girls and he noticed his cousin looking at him and he winked at Gabriela maliciously.

Gabriela just rolled her eyes at Roger in anger. Mary looked at Gabriela and smiled at the girl and Gabriela looked at her blankly.

"One day Roger and you will understand each other and be very close," Mary said.

"That will never happen, Mary," Gabriela said. "I assure you.

Cintia, Amanda, and George just laughed at what Gabriela had said. At that moment Freddie approached Gabriela.

"Hello, my dear Gabriela," Freddie said, greeting her with a smile on his face. "I was in the background, because I had gone to buy a beer and I came to watch the boys' performance this time.

- Freddie, I'm so glad you came to watch my idiotic cousin's band perform - Smiley Gabriela - I'm here to watch Tim and Brian, because they are the real talents in the band.