Perfect yet Imperfect

First Person POV

Hi, I'm Anne. I'm 13 and I love roses.

You know that kid in class who every parent compares their child with? That's my best friend, Lisa. My Parents love her. My friends adore her. She is an idol to everyone. Everyone is caught up with her, mesmerized by her achievements. I've been best friends with her since we were eight.

But as we grew up, she started catching up with new trends.

As a result, she started ignoring. Started showing off, Even started going against me.

"What did I ever do to you?"

"You're an insult, a bad memory! I hate you! We'e no longer friends!"

That's what happened the day I asked her whether she was my friend or not. My heart was broken. I lost the only friend I ever had. 

A year passed by and it was my 12th Birthday. I glanced out of the window and saw Lisa's garden roses. Then I saw mine. 

It was obvious, her's were far better.

I went to water my roses. I wanted to pluck one out, but instead ended up hurting my finger instead. I got a pair of scissors, yet it still pained.

Defeated, I turned away to go back home. As I walked back I saw something.

I saw Lisa's project which she had failed in a few days ago. 

I realized something at that moment.

Why should I look up to her as an Idol?

I am me and I am my own person.

I am not a copycat with no creativity.

I don't want to take a backseat to her hopes and dreams. I have my own.

So being compared with someone else is wrong. You are your own person.

Live your life the way you want and follow your dreams.

Every rose has its thorns. Nobody's perfect not even you. Everyone has their own scars. But that shouldn't stop you from chasing your dreams and losing hope. So live life to the fullest and achieve your dreams.

___________End____________

Hope you liked the story, I worked hard on it!

Vote, Comment and Share!