A Gift For You

I sighed heavily as I climbed up the stairs to my apartment. It had been only a half day at work, but it had still been a long one. In fact, it had been a long week. Even a long month.

I hadn't been home since before the holidays started to pile up. I hadn't talked to my mum since Thanksgiving. I hadn't even seen my best friend since the summer.

My shoulders slumped as I finally made it to my floor. I would definitely have to call everyone tomorrow and apologize a million times over for the fact that I wasn't home for Christmas.

I unlocked my front door and started to imagine how warm and cozy my bed would be. I only made it a few steps into the apartment before I noticed the lights. My mouth fell open as I looked around.

Only a mere four hours ago, I had left the apartment dreary and blank. Now my apartment was decorated from floor to ceiling and wall to wall for Christmas. There were lights strung around garland that was hung perfectly around the room. The tree was magnificent.

It was at least 7 ft tall and full

It was at least 7 ft tall and full. The decorations on it were red and white. It looked flawless.

There was a small flash that pulled my attention from the tree. When I looked over, my heart swelled and my insides warmed. "Jimin!" I yelled his name and threw myself at him. We were both laughing as we clung to each other. "What are you doing here?"

Jimin pulled back slightly so I could see his face but kept his arms around me

Jimin pulled back slightly so I could see his face but kept his arms around me. "Your mum told me you were planning on spending Christmas alone and I couldn't stand that. Then when I showed up and saw how empty the place looked, well, we had to have at least a tree!"

I laughed again and buried my face in his shoulder. "I'm so happy you're here." One of his hands left my back and caressed the back of my head. I could feel the warm liquid gathering at my eyes. "I've missed you." My voice wavered as I squeezed my best friend.

"Hey," his voice was gentle and much lower than it had been. He rubbed my back and pecked the side of my head. "I'm here now so we're not going to be sad over it, okay?"

"Okay." I mumbled but the warm tears had already started to fall. He chuckled.

"Listen. There's pajamas laid out on your bed. Go ahead and take a hot bath, change into them, and I'll have dinner ready when you're done. Sound good?"