Chapter 28: The Success of the Dress

**Hey guys! Welcome to chapter 28! I have to tell you something... THANK YOU FOR OVER 3,000 READS! WOO! Sorry I haven’t posted anything in such a long time. Haha marching band and prepping for high school can take a lot more out of one’s life than I thought! Also, I have awesome news, NO MORE WORD PAD! Yup, I FINALLY got Microsoft back. Thanks guys and hope you enjoy and here’s chapter 28 woo!**

**Riley’s POV**

            I slipped the dress on and stared at myself in the mirror. This dress has so much meaning. It gave me the courage to overcome my worries of Jerome and date whoever I pleased. It reminded me of the accident that brought me and Tyler together. It also reminded me of what Mitch did to bring us apart. My anger boiled through my veins as I had to refrain from tearing the dress to shreds.

            Mitch NEEDS to pay for what he did to me. That was completely unjustified. He had absolutely NO RIGHT to play me like that. I rub my temples to try to calm myself from this splitting headache, caused by all this drama. I’m beginning to grow too eager to expose Mitch’s wicked plan. I want to do this soon but I haven’t even began to edit Jason’s footage yet.

            “After the date”, I think to myself. “I’ll finish the editing and show it to everyone tomorrow.”

            After I adjust the belt to my dress, I step outside my bathroom and sit in front of my vanity. Darcie, who was now wearing a beautiful purple summer dress, did everything the same as the night of the accident. The only difference was the sparkly eye shadow that she promised. I’ll admit, it was a bit too girly for my taste, but it looked lovely on me.

            When Darcie finished, we switched places and I straightened her hair, which took quite some time. After Darcie finished applying her makeup, we grabbed our purses and walked down stairs. We walked down the spiral stair case only to be met by everyone except for Tyler. I frowned at his absence but I understood the reason for it. Everyone came up and hugged us before we left except for Jerome. He just stood in the back. He’s seemed kind of distant since Tyler and I broke up. I haven’t really seen much of my once over protective brother in weeks.

            Before I could really question his absent behavior, I was taken by surprise into a hug by a nicely dressed Mitch. Reluctantly, I hugged back, trying my best to resist the urge to strangle him.

            “In due time”, I thought to myself. “Soon, all this will be over and you can ignore him as much as you please”.

            Then Mitch looked over to Adam who nodded to him and they both pulled out a clear box out of their pant’s pockets. Inside them were… corsages? Darcie smiled and giggled as Adam put hers on her wrist. Mitch did the same to me.

            “This feels like prom all over again”, Darcie managed to say in between laughs. I joined her in laughter and rolled my eyes.

            After a bunch of mocking “aww”s from the guys, they all said goodbye and went back to watching Attack on Titan with Dee. Man, that girl loves her anime.