𝕋he Purple 𝔾own

I quickly headed upstairs and got changed out of my uniform. I put on a simple outfit since I'd be trying on different gowns. I also grabbed my bag with my phone in it.

My mom was already dressed, so we headed out to the boutique, where my aunt would be meeting up with us. Gosh, the last time I felt this happy about dresses was on my quinceanera.

" Do you think the other girls will be there? ", I asked her as we drove.

" Not so sure, maybe some from our district. "

I nodded in reply and went to check my phone. I saw that I got a message from my bestie Jugyoung.

. . .

💜#1 BFF💜

Jug-Head

Looks like ya girl didn't get an invite, BUT I BET YOU DID MY BEAUTIFUL HOE 💞 💞

Bean-ette

Lol, I did . . . are you mad? 😓

Jug-Head

WHY THE FRICKITY-FRACK WOULD I BE MAD?! I'm gonna be besties with THE FUTURE QUEEN!!

Bean-ette

Don't get your hopes too high, you potato-of-a-bff might no get chosen

Jug-Head

Tf you calling potatoe? You have more instagram followers than I have brain cells . . .😝🤨

Bean-ette

aNywAYs . . . I'm driving to this boutique to get my gown that I'm gonna wear,
I'm gonna be fangirling, watch 😂

Jug-Head

Send me pictures! Have mercy on us lowly peasants my qUeEn! 👑👑

Bean-ette

Smh, anyways I gotta go! I'll definitely send some pics when I choose it!❤️❤️

Jug-Head

K! Text you later!❤️❤️

. . .

I laughed as I looked over our texts. Jugyoung and I had been the best of friends since I moved here three years ago. I was only fourteen, and being in this new country was hard to get used to.

When I first transferred schools, I'd always get bombarded by people asking me questions and people trying to be my 'friend' in the hopes of getting popular. I'd never had such a friend as reliable as her, and I'm so grateful. She might be my only close friend, but that was all I needed.

" Jenna, we're here. ", my Ma said as she started to park the car.

I started imaging all the dresses they'd have lined up, all different styles and colors. As my mother and I walked toward the front entrance, we were greeted by my Aunt Joanna, my mom's younger sister.

" Jenna, my favorite niece in this whole world, how are you? ", she jokingly said as she ruffled. my hair slightly.

" Your only niece was doing great before you messed up her hair. "

" Dahlia, I think your daughter's being abusive towards her elderly family member! ", she told my mom in a dramatic voice, as we all laughed along.