Chapter 1: Transferring

My messed up life has changed after transferring from my local school to this international school. The reason for transferring all led back to my visit to Singapore while attending its international school's summer program, and falling in love with the education system. 

My old local school life was all about memorizing stupid materials that I don't even care about. Yeah, I really don't care about the geography of countries that I know I won't live in. Don't you think it's useless to memorize all those stuff?

I felt like I was learning something in those four weeks attending the summer program. I told my parents that I would love to stay in Singapore and study in the international school, without any surprise, my parents refused to let me do so. 

But, out of my surprises, my parents went and looked for international schools in the city we live in. 

I visited the first one that's in the middle of nowhere, to be specific, it was in the middle of grassy graveyards. Yes, graveyards. 

Apparently, the fact that it's built in the middle of graveyards did not affect my fond towards the school. The moment my dad's car entered the school's gate, I fell in love with the entire environment. That's when I knew this is the one. 

The buildings aren't tall or fancy, but it gave me a warm and cozy feeling with their dark red and orange bricks. There are two big fields and a 400m track. It looked just like those American movies! 

I was so excited to know more about this school. The manager said, "if you want to study here, you will need to take the entrance exam, which involves, reading, vocabulary, writing, and speaking." 

Wow, there! Slow down! That's quite....a lot. I wasn't sure if I was going to pass this seemingly hard exam. 

~Two weeks later~

I came back to the school again, and was ready (Yeah right) to take the exam. 

I walked into the computer lab, and everything was set up for me. All I needed to do was answer those endless questions. 

Omg, what is this? I'll click A. 

Hmm...I don't get the question. Welp, I clicked A on the last one, I might as well try B?

I finished the vocabulary and reading portion. It was time for speaking. I walked into a room, and saw a foreigner with beard. I slowly walked over and sat in front of him. 

"Well, hello. What's your name?" He asked.

"Hi, my name is Alexandra." I nervously answered. 

"Nice to meet you. My name is Mr.Nelson."

"Hi." I awkwardly answered. 

"Tell me why you want to study here."

"Well...."

Then, I finished my speaking portion without knowing. Probably because I wasn't sure what I was talking about the whole time. 

After that, I took the writing section, which I kind of randomly answered. 

I was used to being the top English speaker in my local school class. I was pretty much destroyed after this entrance exam. Felt like there was no way I would pass. 

~Six weeks later~

I just finished my Eighth grade second semester in local school. I got home and parents told me I got into the international school which I will be attending in about a week when their seventh grade second semester began. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I dropped a grade when I transferred because my English was not that great. I hope it's better now? 

I was pretty surprised 'cause I thought I bombed it. But oh well, I guess life is full of surprises, yeah?

~One week later~

I slowly made my way into the school with my LA teacher, Mr.Mac. 

He taught me how to use lockers, and filled me in with my schedule, locations of classes, and all those details. 

I nervously walked into the class, hoping my new classmates would be pretty nice to me. 

I first walked into my science class. 

As I made my way in, I can hear whispers. 

"Oh, she's that new girl?"

"Yeah..oh, I heard...."

"Oh, short hair, welp"

I heard everything, and my heart sank to the bottom of my chest. Crap, this is not good.

My Science teacher, Mr.Thompson, said, "Hello class! This is your new student, she will be joining you guys now! Do you want to introduce yourself?" 

NOOOO! I DON'T WANT TO! ERFGVTEDFG*&^%$#  

But I said, "Okay, Mr.Thompson."

I introduced myself and I sat next to a white kid. 

As I sat down, two girls in front of me turned around and introduced themselves to me. 

The one with glasses is called Jasmine. The one next to Jasmine is Elsa. 

Elsa quickly gave me a name-tour of my classmates. 

Though my brain was blank and I did not catch any names that she said. I politely said "thank you" after she supposedly finished introducing her classmates to me. 

The first month of school was tough. 

I met two girls, named Sophia and Vicky. They were really nice to me, and they brought me around the school and ate lunch with me. 

All three of us dislike the popular group of the class. The girl, Rosa, was not welcoming towards me and gave me a disgusted look when she saw me. 

I was not happy, but I didn't say anything because it was my first day. 

I thought it was the only bad thing, but guess what, what happens later was worst when I had a crush on my classmate, Braxton.

Sorry, guys! I know it is short and there's not much content, but all these information is needed for later~

I promise it will get better starting from the next one! Stay tuned for the next one because it will take you on the further journey of the character :) 

Thanks for reading, and HAPPY NEW YEAR :P