Day 320

It was a cold day, but not as cold as I'd expected. I can still remember the tone of the sunlight touching our skin. Our friends in the front seat. I was looking out the window because I was shy. I remember thinking it had been long since I was shy about something like that because I just don't care anyone in that way anymore. But there I was, you stood still, didn't't flicker. It felt like we were finally arriving to the place we belong to in that car with the thousand stories inside, but I also knew you would forget.

You hate people crying and I cry when I'm drunk. You knew it was time to leave, maybe forever. But you still asked me to go with you downstairs, until I couldn't go anymore. But I did, I didn't't stop. I just wanted to yell at you for never acting on it, because torturing me is your choice.

I knew it was about the song...and the calls. And me being at the end of the tunnel at all times.  But I wanted you to know I was leaving you as well, I wanted you to stop me, but you didn't' and never will, and that's okay because I can still hear your voice saying it's my fault. 

But you will get out of your house, it's going to be cold as well. When you get there, I won't be there waiting for you, I won't walk past you and pretend I don't see you but then ask you to come with me. When you're hungry I won't walk by your side. When it's time to go home, you will actually go home.