Tired Mozenrath X Shy Servant Reader

AN: Not only was this written in 2013 but it was my first Reader insert on my Devant Art. So, sorry that it might not be that great.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's doing it again. Recently, he lost to Aladdin and his gauntlet was stolen for what could quite possibly be the hundredth time. It was easily taken back by Xerxes sneaking into the palace, however, the battle loss caused Mozenrath to lose another night of sleep and this was much to (F/n)'s dismay. But what is she supposed to do? She's just a servant, and her word doesn't matter, especially not to Mozenrath. Even if she could reach out to him, (F/n) would just stutter over her words and her message would never get out.

(F/n) stands and watches her master from the entrance of his lab. She watches with two fists full of a cloth in her hands, which she twists while wrestling with a wish to voice her presence to him. She waits for ten minutes as she thinks about how to voice it until she realizes that Mozenrath hasn't had anything to eat yet today. She backs away, suddenly, and heads to the kitchen. Compared to the rest of the citadel, the kitchen is small. Neither (F/n) nor her master use it that often. She enters and looks around with her (E/c) eyes to see what she should give to her dear master, and doesn't find much except for a small loaf of bread. (F/n) grabs a small knife and cuts a few slices off.

(F/n) grabs a goblet and pours wine, before setting it on a tray with the bread. She then takes the tray to the lab and looks inside to see that Mozanrath hadn't moved a muscle. She finally attempts to speak, stuttering her words. "M-master?" He doesn't answer her vocally but a turn of his head showed her that she had his attention. She swallows back on some air before she workes up the courage to speak again. "Well...i-...i-it's l-late, s-s-so I've b-b-brought something f-for you t-to eat." He lets off a grunt as a reply.

She slowly walks over to Mozenrath and sits the tray right next to him on the table. She looks at the books sitting on the table, seeing that each is turned to informational passages on some old magical artifact or spell that she's sure her master will use eventually. She looks up to the corner of the table and sees Xerxes' eel body curled up. She suddenly flinches back as Mozenrath reaches over and grabs the Goblet to take a swig of wine. (F/n)'s eyes follow his arm to his face and she notices that there are dark circles under his eyes.

She starts to fiddle with her fingers, trying to regain the courage to speak again. She purses her lips as she continues to stare. "Um....M-master?"

Mozenrath looks at her. "Hm?"

"Um......" She drops her arms to her side. "You l-l-ook tired! M-maybe you sh-sh-should go lie d-down and t-take a break for a while!" She closes her eyes tight and expects to be yelled at. She knows that Mozenrath doesn't accept any orders or suggestions from anyone, it's just not in him to do so. Her eyes go wide when she hears something unsuspected from him.

He looks at her and lets out a small sigh. "I'm fine." Just by those two little words (F/n) knows that he isn't fine. Just by the sound of his voice, she knows Mozenrath doesn't have much energy to him.

"You don't even have enough energy to try to raise your voice at me, Master."

Mozenrath glances back to the book. "You stopped stuttering. Does It give you the courage to see me exhausted?"

(F/n) eyes widen once more, and she starts to fiddle with her fingers again. "N-no, master. I d-didn't realize it. I-I'm sorry that I m-made you think t-that."

Mozenrath takes another sip of wine. "I'm fine. Return to your duties."

(F/n) bites her lip and makes a move that she wouldn't normally consider due to her shyness. She grabs his elbow and pulls back. "But master, it'll be better if you can think straight. Please get some sleep. You'll feel so much better when you get some rest."

He looks at her and glares. "Who are you to give me-" He stops his rant to see his servant giving him a puppy-face to try to convince him to rest. He hates when she does that, it seems like when she makes that face it takes control of him. He grits his teeth and lets out an annoying sigh. Then he shuts the book in front of him and scoops up Xerxes, who rolls around in his sleep. He turns to leave the room, then glances to (F/n). "Be assured that you'll be punished in the morning,(F/n)."

She nods. "I k-know, master." She watches him walk out of the room. When he's out of sight she gives out a joyful smile knowing he'd be back to normal in the morning.