Chapter 5 - No One Is Above Punishment

So I know I'm later than I said I would be but it's finally here! Hope you like it guys!

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5

No One Is Above Punishment

Matt stumbled out of the Judging Chamber with Brian trailing right behind him. Zacky stood right outside the door, waiting to escort them back to the gate.

        Brian collapsed on his sleeping bag, exhausted, and Matt stared at him in confusion.

        What had he been apologizing for?

        "Why were you apologizing to her?" Matt asked, staring at Brian. "What could you have done to her that you couldn't make up for?"

        "Nothing." Brian answered shortly, staring blankly up at the sky. "It was nothing. I was just speaking deliriously from the pain."

        There was no way that Brian hadn't known what he was saying. Matt could see that he had been completely aware of what he'd said.

        "That wasn't what it sounded like." Matt said. "You sounded perfectly clear to me."

        "Just let it go." Brian said, turning his head to look at him. "It was nothing, alright?"

        "It didn't sound like nothing to me." Matt pressed. "She said she'd forgiven you for it. What was it?"

        "Just leave it!" Brian exclaimed. "It isn't important. Not anymore-" he cut himself off and Matt's eyes widened.

        "Anymore?" Matt asked, staring at him in disbelief. "What do you mean 'not anymore'?"

        Brian cursed under his breath as Matt began to put the pieces together in his head, and stared at Brian as he clenched his jaw.

        "It's the same reason that the Keeper thought it was you who went into her Chamber isn't it?" Matt asked as it dawned on him. That had been why they had assumed it was Brian instead of him.

        "I said leave it!" Brian said angrily. "It's none of your business!" He said, glaring at Matt. "I'm going back to sleep."

        Brian rolled over so that he was facing the wall and Matt sighed, he just wanted answers. He glared at the open door to the Overseer's Chamber and clenched his jaw. She was just a cruel bitch with no heart. He lay back and cradled his head in his hands, staring up at the sky.

        He hated everything about this place.

        The doors to the Main building opened suddenly a few seconds later, and Johnny walked outside. He walked over to Zacky, who was still standing in front of the gate, and said something to him quietly. Zacky nodded and walked inside the Main Building as Johnny began to Patrol the wall.

        The Overseer walked out a few seconds later as the sky darkened and Matt glared at her as she walked up to the wall.

        "Everyone up!" She screamed, and Brian jolted up into a sitting position.

        Matt stayed down, and she glared at him coldly.

        "I said up, Sanders." She said icily and Matt stood slowly as she held her hand out.

        Without warning, he was on his back and pain was shooting through his body like a million volts of electricity. He writhed in pain, trying to fight the groans wanting desperately to get out. He could faintly hear others crying out, but couldn't focus on anything other than the excruciating feeling of being burned alive.