La llorona

Maria  was the prettiest woman in the whole entire village. But was so poor. One day Maria  was going to a river where he saw a very rich man . And the man fell in love with Maria  because she was so pretty . And  Maria  fell in love with the rich man too. Then they married and had two children one boy and one  girl.  Then the man started losing interest in Maria and was even thinking of marrying another woman . One night he went for work and never came back. Even after that Maria did not lose hope . And waited for him for years . One day he came back holding a beautiful woman's hand to see his children but completely ignored Maria . Maria was  really upset and frustrated. She decided to take her children and throw them into the river. As their bodies floated down the stream only then she realized what she has done . She attempted to save her children but it was to late .  From that day people started calling her la llorona the weeping woman . La llorona  moaned her children day and night . She wore a white gown and went back to the river day and night hoping that her children would return back to her .she refused to eat and sleep.eventually she died on the side of the river. Where she lost her children. It wasn't long before her restless spirit began to appear and from that time whoever went to the river at night la llorona would grab them and throw them into the river.