More Than Friends?

Chris

Me and Brooklyn have a very strong connection. I was always there for her no matter what. I beat up almost every boy that mad fun of her because of her weight. In my eyes, she's a beautiful girl who just was thick and had a lil stomach. I know she has body image issues tho. She doesn't have to tell me, I see right through her.

As we went our separate ways, I saw my niggas standing by the locker.

"Wassup!", I dapped them all up.

"Wassup nigga!" They yelled back. We act like we haven't seen each other in years When it's only been two days.

"Aye Chris, you figured out which fine ass girl You gonna take to the prom?" My friend Antonio asked looking around at all the girls.

"Nah. I might go by myself." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Niggaaaa all these fine ass girls in this school and you going by yourself? All of us got dates except for you so step up ya game bro." I smiled at how worried he was when it really doesn't matter to me.

The bell rung and we all went our separate ways. Brook and I have the same first period, which I'm kinda happy about.

Brooklyn

School for me was win lose situation. I love learning New things and seeing my friends but it's just the judgment that gets to me. I hear people saying harsh things everyday but I act like I don't.

First period is aquatic science, which I really love learning about. Because of the ocean, and waves. Plus Chris was in that in that class so it was even more fun. I went inside the classroom and saw Chris. He immediately smiled when he saw me and I smiled back.

" Long time no see" I Said even though it's only been 15 minutes.

"Hey Brook come sit by me," he offered me the seat next to him. I usually sit next to my friend Angel but I guess I can sit with someone else for today. Just as I was about to sit down the school whore, Destiny, hurried and sat next to Chris. This bitch.

"Um excuse me but-". She cut me off.

"Oh is there not enough room for you to pass?" She said in a sarcastic voice. I heard snickers emerge from the back of the class.

"No actually I want you to get out my seat You dirty hoe." I can't believe I just said that.

"Well I don't think this seat could hold up yo wide ass," she said touching my hip. I quickly slapped her hand away and breathed deeply so I could calm down. I know if I get into a fight this late in the year they won't let me graduate.

"You know what, you can have that seat. We will sit somewhere else, " Chris said while grabbing my hand and leading me to another table. I don't know why but when he touched me, butterflies grew in my stomach, he even pulled out the chair for me. Destiny's face was priceless. Everyone knows she has a huge crush on Chris and for him to pick Me over her was quite funny to me.

"You're beautiful. Don't let no one take your happiness away from you." He whispered in my ear as the teacher talked in front of the class. I blushed hard. As class went in, I wondered if Chris liked me, like more than a friend.....