Chapter one: The message

"A couple more minutes mom," he mumbled half asleep as he looked at the clock hitting snooze.

"Oh crap, why do I have to be late today! jeez and I promised I wouldn't be," he said as he leaped out of bed and raced to get ready, rushing to school hoping she was still waiting.

Today was the first day he and his life long best friend Lala met, they were supposed to meet at the cemetery and walk to school together, but yet again he slept in.

"Crap I must have missed her," he said as he dashed past the cemetery.

After a couple minutes he arrives at school looking for her. "Hmm, she must be sick today," he thought to himself as he sat at his desk.

The day progressed as normal, a boring lecture in English, an educational video in science, acting games in drama, then lunch. As the lunch bell rang Tyler made his way to the roof, where Lala and him usually ate lunch. He lay on the roof, his stomach grumbling. He was used to Lala bringing him lunch because she knew he would be late and forget.

"I should stop by after school and see how she is feeling," he thought aloud to himself as his phone rang.

The legend of zelda song of storms plays letting him know the message is from her, his eyes widen in shock as he reads the message.

"Does this girl mean anything to you? If so you will gather five thousand dollars, I will contact you again at exactly five thirty this evening with further instructions. Tell anyone or try to get help and she will recieve punishment." An image of her tied up is attached to the message.

Panic immediatly fills tylers head. How the hell was he supposed to get five thousand dollars by five thirty?

As the bell rings he closes his phone fear filling his head as he tries to think of a way to get five hundred dollars by five thirty. "God damn it what do I do!" he shouts angrily wracking his brain with the worst possible thoughts.