Chapter 1

Have you ever had that feeling where you feel like shooting yourself because of your siblings ? Well that's my everyday life. This is my story.

~~~

" Grace breakfast is ready ! " my mother yelled from downstairs.

" Coming ! " I yelled back.

Ah, you smell that ? That's right no school. It's finally summer! It started yesterday, and I'm so excited.

I was planning on going out with my friends for today, so I wore shorts with blue converse and shirt, " I will wear this when I graduate. " written on it. I brushed my hair and put on some lip gloss and went downstairs.

" Good morning . " I happily told my mom.

" Good morning, why are you dressed up ? " she said while putting the food on the table.

" I'm going out with my friends. " I smiled.

" Grace you have school. " she said.

" Mom it's summer. " I giggled.

" I'm kidding. " She said while putting syrup on our pancakes.

Toby - Little brother - kept on kicking my seat. This is why I leave the house, I have two annoying siblings. Toby and Chloe. There twins, but there totally different.

" Toby stop. " I yelled!

" Mom! Grace is yelling at me! " he said.

" Snitch much? " Chloe said.

" Shut up Chloe! " Toby started getting quite angry.

" ENOUGH. " My mom yelled. " It's only been 10 minutes of your summer do you want to get grounded already if so you're all grounded! "

" Mom it's summer ! " I groaned.

" Eat your food, and not a word. " she said.

I know it's hard being alone, ever since our father died two years ago, my mom hasn't been the same. First he cheated on her, but she still loved him with all her heart, and he sadly passed away after that.

"Now I'm grounded because of you too ! " I yelled at the two siblings.

"Oh stop it Grace." Toby said disrespectfully.

"Excuse me? I will remind you that I am way older than you, Toby." I said. "And I will not allow you to disrespect me."

"Grace." Mom warned.

"He's annoying me!" I told her.

"I don't care, Grace. Quiet down all of you." She said and put pancakes she made in front us; with plates of course.

And we sat down eating quietly except the sound of Toby's mouth eating. That kid needs to learn to eat with his mouth shut.

"Toby, stop doing that." I hissed at him. And he did it louder. I closed my eyes trying not to shout at him.

"Toby." I warned. Louder. "Toby." I emphasised my eyes still shut.

"You have three seconds to run." I said my eyes still closed. "3... 2... 1." I said and got up chasing after my 9 years old brother.

"COME BACK HERE YOU DOUCHE!" I yelled.

"Grace!" My mom yelled, I ignored her because im running after my brother that went outside of the house.

"TOBY!" I yelled still chasing him outside. This boy was fast.

He stopped running and I got him by his collar.

"Listen Toby," I emphasised on his name. I dragged him inside the house and shutting the door behind. "Shut the hell up will you!"

"Mom! Grace said a bad word!" Toby yelled.

"Grace Miller, sit back down on this table before I come over there."

"Mom, I'm 17."

"That doesn't mean I won't boss you around." She said arms around her chest.

I huffed still holding my brother by his collar. I started walking to the table and sat him down on his chair.

"That. Was. Awesome!" Chloe exclaimed. Shewas the youngest one out of this tiny family we have.

"Chloe, don't make me-"

"Grace shut your mouth and start eating." My mom said drinking her water.

I rolled my eyes she's supposed to take my side not theirs.

I started eating peacefully right now. No sound coming from stupid Toby's mouth. I finished my food and finished drinking my water and took my dish and glass to the sink washing them.

My mom should be grateful that I'm washing my dishes and not leaving it to her washing it. Dammit. I finished washing the dishes and washed my hands with soap and dried it later.

I was about to turn when I felt someone touch my shoulder. It has to be mom since she can reach.

I turned and huffed.

"What?" I looked and my eyes widened. "Niall!"

I hugged him and hugged back tightly. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm staying here for the summer. My dad got a new job here and we might stay for a year or so." He said through the hug.

Me and Niall have been friends since I was 10, he saved me from my bullies. He was there for me when my dad died from brain cancer, he was there when no one else was. Every other of my "friends" were fake.

"I missed you so much." I said and pulling him back from the hug.

"I missed you too." He said and we hugged again.

We skyped and called each other everyday when he left because his parents and him move every year because of his dad's job.

I pulled back and smiled at him. This is gonna be the best summer ever.

" So are you coming to the carnival? " he asked nervously.

" I'm actually not sure just give me a minute let me ask my mom. " I smiled and went upstairs. She was laying down holding a picture of my dad.

" Hey mom..."

" Grace, Oh hi. " She said putting the photo on my dads table.

" I was wondering if I can go to the carnival? " Please ? " intertwining my hands together.

" Well I didn't like your behavior today. " No. " She said putting her head on the pillow.

" Mom. " I glared.

" On one condition. " she smiled.

" ANYTHING NAME IT. " I excitedly said.

" Take Toby and Chloe. "

" Ha! You're hilarious, now what's the condition? " I chuckled.

" I wasn't kidding. " she turned around forcing a eye contact sadly she won.

" FINE. " UGH ." I shut the door hardly on her.

" Dumb and dumber change your cloths were going out. "

" The only dumb thing in this room is you and Toby. " Chloe said.

I held my fist tightly , and Chloe just stared worried, Niall came inside. She got lucky.

Toby screamed, " NIALL! "

They did a little fist bump. Niall gently asked them to change there cloths , and we were waiting in the living room.