Chapter Sixteen (Seastack)

The SeaWings were crowded in the underground lake, discussing their battle moves. No matter how much Seastack tried to pay attention, he couldn't. He couldn't stop worrying about Constellation.

I hope she's hiding. I hope she'll be okay! I wish I was there to protect her with my life. But this is my job. I promised her I'd be okay. I promised her I'd survived. So that's what I'm going to do.

"Seastack?" Tsunami's voice shook him out of his thoughts. "Did you hear that?"

"Oh- yes, yes I did. And I fully understand," he lied, curling his tail in.

Iraq turned around to look at him. "Are you sure you're alright, Sea? You've had that look on your face ever since we got down here," she told him.

"Sea". That's the same nickname Constellation gave me. "I'm just a bit terrified. Alright, a lot terrified. But I know we'll be fine!" He replied with a nervous laugh, rolling his shoulders and relaxing his wings a bit.

"Suit yourself. Only five minutes until midnight, according to my calculations," said Cod in his know-it-all voice, pushing his glasses up.

"Alright, Nerd. Nobody cares how smart you are..." grumbled Tigerfish, hunching his shoulders and growling to himself. His dark green scales nearly blended in with the walls.

"Everyone, quiet!" Tsunami snapped. "Be very quiet or we'll just give ourselves away."

So Seastack sat there in silence, just waiting for all of the chaos to begin.

       ⃟┄༺༒༻┄─⃟

A water droplet dropped from the ceiling and landed onto Seastack's nose. He shook it off, flicking his ear as another one dropped onto it. Why is it leaking ever so suddenly? He thought with an annoyed growl. Dolphin stamped on his talon and before he could let out a cry, she slapped a talon over his mouth. Idiot Dolphin. She's got to expect a noise from me if she just STEPS ON ME!

It was extremely quiet now. The only sounds were the soft drip-drops of the water leaking from the ceiling. Seastack noticed that it started to leak so much that it was as if they were outside in the rain. Something isn't right here. I think Cod knows what's happening, based off of his terrified face, he thought, shrugging.

And then suddenly the roof gave out, and it was like a waterfall pouring down into the cave. Tigerfish dove out of the way with a grunt, and Cod hurried over to Tsunami's side. They're here! Seastack realized, frozen with fear.

The whole academy seemed to start shaking and there was the sound of screeching from above. The enemies had arrived at the school. And the poor IceWings were the first ones to face them.

"Let's go!" Tsunami whispered loudly. The SeaWings followed her at a quick pace up to the entrance. Seastack just wanted to curl up and let them kill him. But he was going to fight! "Attack!!" Tsunami roared. The SeaWings all hurled themselves out of the entrance of the cave, shouting.

When Seastack got out, all he could see was a wave of red, orange, and gold dragons all dashing in, flames shooting out everywhere. The IceWings were shooting ice at them, causing some of them to fall to the ground with frozen wings. Other SkyWings were flying in, literally being melted alive from the RainWings' venom.

Seastack shot himself into the air, surprising an orange SkyWing. He had clearly not expected the SeaWings to come out of that cave, and he wasn't ready when Seastack barreled into him, biting down on his neck.

With a roar, the SkyWing snapped his teeth at him, barely missing. Seastack ducked out of the way, and he wasn't prepared for the kick in the stomach. With a gasp, he spiraled down to the ground, unable to catch himself. The orange SkyWing landed on top of him and pinned him down, snarling. "Falcon!" He realized who this dragon was. He was the SkyWing of the Copper Winglet!

"Master says I must kill any dragon I see!" He hissed. His eyes were white! His face was totally blank, like he couldn't control himself! Before Seastack could respond, Falcon sliced his claws along his face. With a roar of agony, Seastack managed to heave him off.

Falcon hit the ground, and Seastack winced. But the SkyWing scrambled to his talons and ran at him, talons outstretched. "Oh, no you don't!" A glimmering light blue figure shoved Falcon aside, causing him to hit the wall. The SkyWing let out a terrifying choked growl. Seastack looked over at his rescuer and smiled. It was Alaska the IceWing who had saved him! She smiled back before freezing Falcon to the ground. Then she turned around and joined the rest of the IceWings as they shot at SkyWings in the air.

Seastack watched as dragons fell to the ground. Cod, who had been wrestling an angry red SkyWing, was shouting for help. The poor SeaWing didn't know how to fight whatsoever. "Master says I must kill you!" Seastack ran towards them, but it was too late. The SkyWing had already snapped Cod's neck, and the small SeaWing dragonet went limp.

"No!!!" Seastack roared, throwing open his wings. I can't believe it! The know-it-all SeaWing is dead!? But... but how? This can't be happening...! He thought, shaking himself to clear his head.

And when the SkyWing looked up, Seastack saw her face. Her face with white eyes and blood dripping from her teeth. The SkyWing Seastack hoped this would never happen to.

The SkyWing was Cloud.