"Zoey! That one stung."

7 years later

"Camden Andrews!" Zoey yelled in between bites of her cereal, "Come on! We need to hurry!"

"I'm coming!" he yelled back.

Zoey rolled her eyes at her brother who woke up 10 minutes ago and still blamed iit on her for not waking him up.

She finished her cereal and put the glass bowl in the sink just as her older brother ran down the stairs, almost tripping on his untied shoelaces.

"Hey, clumsy," Zoey smirked at her brother who was now bending down to tie his shoes.

"Shut up," he mumbled.

Zoey loved her brother. They did everything together even though they were complete opposites.

Zoey loved to dance, sing, and do just about anything she set her mind to. She was beautiful and talented but her height gave her the unfair advantage in some sports she loved. She stood at a solid 5'3" and hasn't grown since 7th grade. Now she's a junior that doesn't let her height get in the way of what she wants to do.

Her brother, on the other hand, was a good 6 feet tall which helps him in his favorite sport, basketball. He was the captain of his team and wants to pursue basketball in the future.

Zoey knows that he isn't clumsy but what are siblings for if not making fun of each other?

She had to get back at him for all of those times he made fun of her for being only 11 months younger than him. She had to use as many opportunities to make fun of him as she could.

"You ready?" she asked him once he stood up again.

He went farther into the kitchen and grabbed his lunch, homework, and a granola bar before nodding positively.

Zoey took the keys from the hook by the front door and walked out the front entrance.
Camden followed quickly behind and ran down the steps ahead of her. He grabbed the basketball that was wedged between the front steps and the house and threw the ball from where he was standing into the basket.

He splayed his hands out to his sides in triumph, "Like a boss!"

Zoey laughed and ran to get the ball. She backed up and tossed it perfectly, making that satisfying 'swish' sound as it fell through the net.

She put her hands up and Camden dropped his in defeat, "Who's the boss?" she put her hand up to her ear like she couldn't hear him, "Who?"

Camden just stood there glaring at her until he bolted towards her.

Zoey screamed and ran around her car for cover but his long legs gave him the advantage.

He wrapped his arms around her and pretended to throw her, "Say 'Camden Andrews is a boss at basketball and is the best brother ever!'"

"Never!" she laughed as she tried to get out of his grip.

"Say it!"

She kicked her legs but couldn't even touch the pavement, "Ugh!" she groaned in frustration, "Camden Andrews is a boss at basketball and is the second best brother ever!"

She caught him off guard and was able to wiggle her way out of his arms. She hurried to open the car door and slide in without him catching her.

Camden got into the passenger side and sighed, "What am I going to do with you?"

Zoey laughed and put the car into drive.

-------------------

Oakheart high school was named after their town. A few years before, the principal, Mrs. Jenkins, debated with the government to make a new and improved education system.