Chapter 1

"Nothing and no one can ruin this perfect day. Nothing-- Oh no."

Mich's POV:

I saw a blurred face touching my hand and I felt her slowly caress it. Her hands so soft on mine.

I suddenly felt a ball hit me on the head.

"Mitch! What the hell?!" My friend, Allyson, screamed at me. Oh no. We're in the middle of a game. A volleyball game to be exact.

"Jennette Gillies!"

"What the hell is happening to you Mitch? We lost another point!" Allyson screamed at me again.

Oh no. It's our game against the Valley Archers. We can't lose. No. Championship na 'to.

Now I'm back to reality.

"Sorry.." Sabi ko.

"Just, get it together Mich," sabi sa akin ng another friend ko, Julie.

"The Lion's ball. Sure do hope Michelle Morente to get her head back in the game." I heard na sabi ng isang commentator.

May pumito.

Serve by Heimvik, received by Smith, set by Gillies, spike by Klinkhammer, dig by Tucker, set by Peter, spike by me!

Hindi nila nasalo.

"Michelle Morente!" Rinig ko.

"2 points left and the Riverside's Lions will win this game and take the trophy!" Sabi ng guy commentator.

"That's true, John. This is the 7th season of the County's Sports Program and may be the 4th year win of the Riverside's Lions," sabi nung girl na commentator.

May pumito na.

Serve again by Maggie Heimvik, hindi nasalo.

We all huddled and Maggie winked at us.

"A service ace from Maggie Heimvik!"

Serve again by Heimvik, lucky at nasalo pa ni Johnson, Smith passes the ball to Nervada, Hemmings pass to Peters.

"Free ball."

Set by Snow, spike by me!

And we won!!

Joke. Nadig ni Roberts.

"20 seconds left!"

"Intense, John!"