Christians Dealing With Distractoins

What is the definition of distraction?

A thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else

When a Christian gets distracted, the most old and common way is to allow yourself to get into gossip. For many years, it was the most easiest way to fall into this kind of trap. People reacting to the disorder way of conduct, causing all sorts of strife, being disruptive in a place where peace needs to be respected.

And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.
1 Corinthians 7:35 KJV

God wants to help everyone who is asking for it through prayer. The devil knows that when we get closer to the Lord, we obtain more knowledge to get closer to his thrown. The closer our relationship with God gets, the stronger the ànointing power of God becomes and that poses a threat to the devil and his demons.

What are the types of distractions?

1) Cell phone
2) World music
3) Television
4) Video games
5) Gossiping

Why is a cell phone a distraction?

When you're in a place you get into the presence of the Lord, you have to realize that standing before him demands respect on our behalf. While you're in his presence and the enemy sees that there is a rise of ànointing power in your life, the one thing that the enemy is going to use if you have it on you, is your cellphone, to bring you out of your connection with the Lord and cut off his presence from you. The same thing will happen when you're in very intense prayer, that is placing you in a higher position in the spirit realm.

When we are going to get connected with our Lord it's very important that you turn off your phone or place it in airplane mode, so that your time in the presence of the Lord is not limited and you're able to spend a large amount of time praying and being in his mighty presence.

Any phone call, reminders, alarms or texts can sever the ànointing connection that you were in. At that time you would have to start all over again. The same will happen when people come and disturb you while you're praying or preaching, even with the misbehaving of the little children that want to play in the church. You have to learn how to discipline yourself, focusing on God's word and his ànointing power.

Why is world music a distraction?

God's atmosphere is very Holy and it must have the right sound of worship that can allow our spirits to enter into God's righteousness. Having the right type of exposure to worship music is key if you want to see the Holy Spirit work wherever you go.

The wrong type of music can make you take a longer time to get into the Lord's mighty presence, this causing a delay for the Holy Spirit to manifest in your life and in the service. It is very important that the right type of exposure to worship music is played so that the Holy Spirit can manifest with ease and his ànointing power can flow according to his will.  When the right atmosphere has been created, it's much easier for the Lord to minister to his people and bring healing to families, to the oppressed, to the lame, anxiety attacks, restlessness etc.

Having the wrong type of music can contaminate the atmosphere of the Lord, causing very little effect from the Holy Spirit. This type of exposure will quickly cause the people to lose interest in the message of the Lord that was meant for his people. Music in the past was designated for worship and praise, a good way to keep the presence of the Lord very strong in our lives.

As time progressed the music began removing it's focus on the Lord and began to take a worldly turn that will make millions of people get into a routine that doesn't edify the Lord in our lives, but makes the presence of the Lord walk away, cause it brings us to a state of mind that doesn't agree with the Holy Spirit.