10

Emma's point of view

It's been 2 days since we had that epic make out sesh. Even though I've had to stay in the crust ass freaking bed and not being able to get up so my pee and poo is in buckets, I've spent 100% of it with Ethan so everything is fine apart from the fact that we haven't talked about what happened that night.

I look into his eyes and he was already looking at mine. The hazel pigments make it harder to talk about it.
I start crying.

"Im sorry." I whimper into the hospital pillow trying not to show my feelings but it only makes it more obvious.
"What? What are you talking about Emma?" You could hear the happiness jump from out of his words.
"Monday."
His face drops, i knew it wasn't the time to bring it up, we were finally happy for once.
"Emma,"
He said softly.
"Everything will be alright, my dad is ok and we're ok. I was overwhelmed with dad and YouTube drama and everything else going on. I completely overreacted and hurt you. I will never forgive myself for it. I was supposed to protect you, im your boyfriend."

"No Ethan, i was supposed to calm you down! You always do for me when I have my daily breakdowns and im supposed to back you up in these situations and calm you down but i let you hurt yourself. You're in stitches and my apartment is probably robbed by now but let's be honest, I didn't have anything in there anyway which is another thing i need to sort out but never will because im a weak, stupid, wreck of a person."
His head drops and he starts whaling in emotion, I can't believe I've done this to him.

"Em." He lifts his head and whispers loud enough for me to hear over my whimpering.
"I love you."
All noise cancelling, the words circled my head. I look back up at him stop crying for a second and start rushing tears from my eyes. He stands up and catches me in his arms. No one has ever said that to me before. The light touch of a kiss planted on my head comforts me and my gushing tears turn into droplets, streaming down my damp face. I know i can be safe when he's around, nothing is going to hurt me.