The Alarm

Time: 9:00 P.M UTC +12

Date: January 7, 2012

Location: RNZAF Base Auckland, New Zealand

Coordinates:36.7904° S, 174.6275° E

“Flight 901 , can you hear me!” screamed Dev into the receiver. There was only static from the radio controller. “Krish, how is the flight looking” said Shalin. “Fine” i said. The flight had and elevation of 33,400 feet and looked stable. The flight was a research flight flying over antarctica with our friends Rishi and Moksh on board. The New Zealand Air Force had alerted us this morning about the plane and the landing gear was jammed. We had rushed from our base in Wellington, the nation’s capital, to Auckland were they said the plane had a problem with the intercom. We had tried to communicate with them over the speaker but there was only static coming from the speakers. “We have no connection on our line”, said Adi. Just then, a screeching sound was blaring from the speakers. “ALERT! ALERT!” said the speaker. I wheeled around to the control panel, where the plane altitude was flashing, A minute ago, It was 33,400 feet, now the altitude was at 13,000 feet and dropping rapidly until the camera turned on and the view of the antarctic ice scape was thrust into the desktop. The winds were howling into the camera and the plane was going towards the ground. Just when there was everything going wrong in the base, the intercom crackled. Dev immediately perked up at once and rushed to the microphone.”Hello”, Dev shouted into the Microphone. A faint voice could be heard. We realized that the plane was out of control but Moksh and Rishi were still alive and were conscious. I turned back to the camera and what I saw shocked me.