Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Alana McNally and I am a 13 years old. I have twin brothers Haymitch and Calen, they are 6 and I have a sister Maeve, she is 12 (my mum is Irish and my dad is Scottish, that’s why we have Scottish and Irish names) and all us kids have super powers. We are kinda special to because we are descendants of the greatest superheroes in history and all four of us have 2 powers instead of 1 which is extremely rare.

************************************************************************************************************

Today was moving day, me and my family had just moved from London to New York because my dad was transferred to work as a part of the new research programme for NASA (my dad is a scientist by the way) so that’s why we moved.

 (Airport)

We have just arrived (at 9pm) in the US after a 7 hour flight and I’m so excited, I’ve never been to America before so I don’t know what it’s like but I can guarantee that I will love it! I can’t wait to explore New York and make new friends. My dad said that our stuff is already at our new house and that we have been given a car by NASA and it’s waiting in the car park.

We collected our suitcases and made our way to the car park, and dad found our car.

When we pulled into the drive way, I saw what I could only describe as one of the biggest houses I've ever seen, it was 3 floors and it was really big. 

"Mum?"

"Yes dear?"

"Is this really our house?"

"Yes, it really is!"

Well that was settled. When my dad parked the car, I sprinted into the house carrying all my things ad ran upstairs to get the best room, oh how I love having super strength and super speed. My room is one of the biggest in the house, it is painted with lavender and white paint and it has a king sized bed with lavender covers and it has a walk-in wardrobe, this room is perfect. I started to unpack a few things and then I got bored so I turned on my IPOD and played Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine, soon I felt my eyelids becoming heavier and I drifted off to sleep.......

I woke up to the sound of my dear mother screeching up the stairs that dinner is ready, so I groggily make my way down stairs to eat whatever delicacy my mum had produced this evening.

(During The Meal)

We sat silently for a while, not the awkward silence, a nice silence before someone spoke up.

“So Alana, are you excited to be starting your new school?” My Dad asked.

“Yeah, I can’t wait, it should be great!”

“What about you Maeve?”

“Wh… oh yeah erm… it should be okay” Maeve replied

“You guys are starting tomorrow so you should probably go to bed once you’ve finished eating”

“Yes Mother” I sighed

“Well sorry for wanting you to be up early enough to get to school”

“I think everyone should get to bed any way, its late” Dad said.

“Okay Dad” We chorused and all traipsed upstairs.

(Upstairs)

After I changed into my pyjamas, I went into Haymitch and Calen’s room to say good night and then I went to see Maeve’s room to see if she was OK.

“Hey Maeve, are you Ok?” I said

“Yeah, just a little nervous” she sighed

“It’s gonna be fine just try to make friends and be yourself, then you should be OK!”

“Thanks Al, you always find a way to make me feel better!”

Then I went back into my room and fell asleep…………..