Chapter 1: Race Day

It's the day of the annual race and a particular dragon in the race is unique, her name is Jess, she is a Skeleton dragon and has never, ever been beet in a race. Her eyes where looking straight ahead ready for the horn to blow, "On you're marks!" Shouted out a dragon, "Get set!" All the other dragons lifted there wing's high, and there goes the horn, everyone flew up high and Jess was up in front in seconds, she flew round a corner making the trees bend, and leaves fly off their branches, but then came the volcano, you ether went around or above and risk getting killed, but she saw a hole in the middle, she got faster and faster and gained lots of speed, "Jess is going through!" Someone shouted and indeed she flew right threw and was miles away from all the others, and the floating islands where next to come, and everyone was cheering and shouting for her, but she didn't let it distract her, vines where hanging under neath, but instead of going under, she flew up high above them and straight over the top, and some of the others got tangled up in the vines, she then gained a huge burst of speed and left everyone for dead, she was coming up to the finish line and then a dragon shouted out from a mountain, "Thirty seconds left!", once she heard that she lifted her wings up so they where touching, and then she belted them down touching the finish line with the ref announcing, "And Jess is the winner once again!" and then the final horn was blown when a dragon touched the finish line ending second. Then lots of people ran up to Jess asking, "How is it to win another annual race?" and ect, but she just said, "Feels good" and walked away from them, Jess wasn't one of those dragons that give huge explanations, she played it short and simple, But then the dragon that came in second ran up to her and asked her, "How do you do it Jess?" he sounded so out of breathe, it was like he was going to fall to the ground fainting, she replied to him, "Tactics and speed" She then started to walk away but then he ran in front of her, "No really Jess, how do you do it?" She looked him in the eyes and then looked away saying, "If I told you, it wouldn't really be a tactic now would it?" She then started walking, and he looked to the floor panting from all the flying and noticed her walking and he followed next to her, "Well, anyways, I'm Rex and I'm a lightning type" Jess just kept walking, "And I'm a really big fan and I was hoping you could well, teach...me?..." Jess stopped and looked at him, "You're desperate to learn, aren't you?" He gave her a nervous smile and she rolled her eyes, "Come on then..." She lifted into the air hearing him excitedly, almost shouting yes.

She flew down a tunnel with Rex following behind her into a big open area full of flowers and crystals making the place like a paradise, Jess flew into the middle of the air and landed down, she then turned around, looking up to see Rex hovering  mid air looking around in amazement, she shouted up to him, "You coming down or what!?" He then shook his head and flew down, "Sorry about that Jess, just so amazed on where you live", she replied to him, "No need to apologise" Jess was looking at a wall using her paw to feel over it and then she pushed in a small rectangle and some obsticals  dropped from the ceiling attached to some vines, there was a hoop, tunnel, a block of dangling vines, and ect, "Follow me" Jess said flying up into the air with Rex following her, "Now Rex, I want you to fly through the obscticals however you think you should" Rex became confused but did it anyways, she watched him almost get tangled in the vines, hit his wings on the hoop, and almost hurt his wings through the tunnel. She shouted up to him, "Rex come down please!" He came straight down asking, "What? What is it?" She replied shaking her head, "I'm sorry Rex but if you want to win, that's not the way to do it, just watch" He nodded and Jess flew up and through the hoop wings out spinning slowly as she went through, then sideways on through the vines, and then closing her wings up and spinning like a bullet into the tunnel coming out blasting open her wings, and she did it all in ten seconds, but, Rex did it in a minute. Jess flew down explaining, "Now that's how you win a race" Rex was amazed on how quick she was and how agile she was. Rex had no words, he was speechless, "Now, get up there and listen to my instructions" She was quite firm with him and she did exactly what she said.

As Rex came up to the hop she shouted up to him "Slow spin, wings out!" He cleared it, and then came the vines, "Sideways flying!" Rex looked down to her in confusion but then as he looked forward he tried to stop but he got tangled in the vines, Jess shook her head in disappointment and then flew up to him, Rex made a nervous laugh and she pulled him out from the vines, "let me show you what I mean" Jess then flew a couple of centre meters in front of the vines and then flying towards them with Rex watching her as she went sideways on straight through the vines.

((Sos again for the short first chapter, and hope you're enjoying my new book, but the reason is why it's so short is because I went out for dinner and didn't get home till about 11pm XD so yeh, supper sos and BAI!!)) ((Also i've just republished it bc i've just made some last minute checks and changes so sos for the bad grammer XD))