Loving Mates

"What is this?" I asked, staring at the two burly men dressed in black suits standing next to me.

"I arranged for you to have bodyguards," He nodded his head at them and gave me a blank stare.

I curled my fingers together to form a fist. "What? Why? What is this?" I screeched. I looked to my left and pushed one of the guards with my hands. He stumbled, but without a word, walked right back to the position he was at originally. That angered me.

"Yes, you will need someone to be with you when I'm not." He said curtly, eyeing me up and down with lustful eyes.

"YOU'RE NEVER HERE WITH ME." I exploded. I couldn't believe him. The nerve of him! How can he say that when he never was? In all the time Ih ave arrived he has barely spoken to me or been in the same room.

He pursed his lips, "You know that is because I have a pack to care for."

I was disgusted. He spoke as if I was only a business partner, and not his mate. Oh why, I pray to the moon gods, why was he my mate? "Sure," I snarled sarcastically. "You're too busy with your mistresses to spend time with me." 

His eyes widened a fraction, but his face remained tranquil. "But that's okay," I snorted, "Because I'll just be here with my guards for the REST OF ETERNITY."

"You know that is not true." He told me. My eyes burned from the tears I was so desperately trying to hold back. "You know I care very much for you."

Care, but not love, I thought to myself. I turned away from him and walked back down to my bed. I was glad to see the guards walk outside the room and stand besides the door. At least they wouldn't be watching me as I slept. I traced my fingers on the silky sheets and laid on my side. I heard footsteps nearing me but I didn't look up.

I felt bare lips brush against my cheek, dangerously close to my lips. Sparks ignited where he touched me. His warm hand touching my waist made my whole body quiver and warm up. I knew he felt it too. My mother told me we had a reciprocating relationship. All mates did. 

I closed my eyes and felt the cold air greet my body again. He had left, like always. He always left and I didn't care. Not anymore. I didn't care if he was here or not, because he would never show affection for me. We would never mate at the rate things are going.

I gave out a long sigh and let a tear escape my eye. We will never be loving mates.