Chapter 24

"Christin" Denzell called again. He saw after Christin returned from the hospital with Adele he is behaving kind of strange. "Yes?" Christin asked. "Penny for your thoughts and I will become the most richest man on the planet" Denzell joked. Christin gave a nervous laugh. He cannot get the idea of having Adele all for himself.

But he knows it too that it is impossible, one because it wrong and two because Adele would never ever love him. "So, I was thinking to wear a white Tux instead of a black one what you think?" Denzell asked him. "Sure it will match the bride" Christin said.

"Christin who is the girl bro?" Denzell asked seriously. "What girl? There is no girl" Christin defended. Yes, there is a girl and she is your bride. "Man, I know one thing clearly that I had that face on when I thought I was going to lose Adele. You are harbouring the same expression on your face right now, so tell me who is the girl?" Christin shook his head in no.

"There isn't any one" He dismissed. "Well there must be someone Chris, because you know you stay awfully alone and lost in your thoughts now a days" Adele came inside saying. "Hello Love, how was your dress shopping?" Denzell asked. "Between managing your home, wedding arrangements, your office and our son, I am really to fall down under an indefinite sleep." Denzell laughed.

"Watch out Denzell, or we will have a bridezilla in our hand" Christin joked earning a smack from Adele. "Don't talk about me like that. I am no bridezilla." Then she fluttered her lashes at Denzell. "Am I Den any way a bridezilla?" She asked. "Oops, I am out of here, before she started to hit our Lord Parks for being truthful"

"Christin" Adele shouted. Christin laughed at this. "Did you told him so, you Denzell Kauwn Deschler- Parks are in very big trouble" Adele threatened. "Before she hits me, can I ask you a favour, remember those girls we rescued from Black brotherhood cabin?" Christin nodded.

"Turns out one girl doesn't have a family, and since you live alone in a huge freaking mansion I think you should take her in. As in until she is capable doing something herself. I will support her, until then" "what is her name?" Christin asked. "Axelia" Denzell said and Christin nodded. "I will see to it that she gets the best care available"

As Christin Left he got a text on his phone. "Have you decided yet?" He ignored it and put the phone back in his pocket and headed straight back to Precinct. He parked his car and walked in to see families hugging their long last daughters. And on the last bench sat a beauty which is timeless and flawless. Christin scanned the area for any police officers.

"Hello Mr. Black , I am officer Martin, thank for yours and your friend's cooperation in finding all the missing girls, though he and we don't mix much, I am glad that he found his little girl" Christin nodded. He himself was relieved that Scarlett is all right and well. "Thank you for the cooperation Officer Martin." Christin said.

"I am thinking you are here for her don't you?" She pointed at the same girl who was sitting in dirty ragged cloths and looking frightened. He nodded. "Her name is Axelia, and she cannot speak ,I think she mostly ignores what we say to her on purpose, or probably she cannot hear too,  she uses sign language to communicate, even if she could poor child is traumatized." The officer said. "How old is she?" Christin asked.

"I think she is fifteen, what are going to do to her, she already been through a lot" The officer asked. "Don't worry officer Martin, I am here to take care of her in place of Mr. Parks. She needs immediate medical attention and maybe a nice home. I will make sure she has that" Officer Martin look at him suspiciously.

"Are you going to be her guardian?" She asked. Christin nodded. "Until she turns eighteen or she is well enough to take care of herself, I will take care of her." Christin said looking at the girl who looked severely malnourished. And with her problem it is going to be hard.

But he have to try. "Do you have the paperwork?" Officer asked. "Yes, my lawyer might be in any minute. I will just wait, till then can I talk to her?" Officer Martin shied and said "Go ahead, but I must warn you she freaks out looking at any male." He nodded.

Christin walked towards her slowly. She didn't looked up but she kept sitting keeping her head down on her knees. "Axelia?" he called softly. She looked up. She was beautiful and she took his breath away. He signed . My name is Christin. Can you write?" he asked.

She nodded. He took out some paper and pen and give it to her. He wrote Christin and signed my name is Christin. Then he signed I am going to take you home.

Her green-grey eyes twinkled softly. She signed "You are sad". And he wonder how all the children know he is sad. First it was Scarlett and then it is Axelia. Maybe it is evident on his face or something. H smiled at her softly. And signed

"I am not sad" She looked down again. He wondered what she might been thinking. She is ten years younger then him, he wonder what could have his brother done to her.

"come with me I will take you home" he signed. She stood up and walked with him slowly almost falling down twice. "Mr. Black sign here" His lawyer said. He signed. "Congrats, you are legal guardian of Miss Axelia" .

He nodded and she walked quietly as if she was not present there. Once they are in his car he buckled her up safely. She flinched visibly when he touched her.

He shook his head and signed home and he droved towards his mansion.

Word Count: 1022 words