"The Disney Mirror Ritual"

Credit - reddit User u/sl878.
Posted on the r/creepypasta Subreddit.

~

Have you ever heard of the Disney Mirror Ritual? Don't be fooled by its name, or its location at the "Happiest Place on Earth." It's a fairly dangerous ritual, with a high chance of getting caught. Granted, the payoff is fairly high. It is not known why or how this ritual came to be at Disney World - it is said that each of the Disney parks has its own unique ritual (with the same consequences for failure), but the one at Disney World seems to have the most known information.

This is a mirror ritual. Mirror mythology is well invoked in Disney stories - think Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, One Hour in Wonderland and such.

I'm sure you might think such a ritual would take place at the Haunted Mansion or one of the spookier rides - but you'd be wrong. The main part of the ritual takes place at Cinderella's Castle, roughly the epicenter of the Magic Kingdom. The night part of the ritual must take place between 2 and 4 AM.

To complete this ritual, you will need three items.

1) A piece of chalk

2) A knife that has had its handle broken off - in other words simply the blade. The type of knife does not matter, but as you will have to sneak this in past security, you might want a smaller blade you can conceal in your shoe or other hiding place.

3) A broken shard of mirror, roughly the size of your palm. You might want to find a pre-broken shard if you believe in the superstition of seven years of bad luck.

The ritual begins during daytime hours of the Magic Kingdom section of Disney World. During the day, you must hide the three items in separate areas of the park - the areas to choose from are Main Street USA, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland. Study the map of the park and decide what routes would be easiest to travel undetected. Don't pick distances you can't manage. Keep in mind that the area around Cinderella's Castle will be the most heavily patrolled by security. While there are security cameras in the park, don't worry about them - something about the ritual makes them seem to malfunction.

Before hiding the items, head to the tunnel going through Cinderella's Castle. Be careful here - there are some Disney staff that are aware of the ritual and know to keep an eye out for those attempting it. Hide the chalk in your hand, pick out a brick you are able to reach at face level, and when you're absolutely sure no one is watching you.

CRITICAL TIP - you might want a friend to make a distraction/ask any immediate staff questions to get their attention.

Mark the corner of the brick with the chalk. Say the words: "Mirror Mirror." Then leave. This will tell the park you intend to play. You will use this brick during the ritual. Then find hiding places for the items. At this point, you have completed the daytime part of the ritual. Use the remainder of time as you will until the park closes, but make sure you find a place you can remain hidden once the park closes for the night. It's not easy, but it has been done.

If you decide not to go through with the ritual, retrieve the items, erase the chalk mark and leave the park. You can only cancel the ritual during the daytime hours. Do not attempt the ritual again. Ever.

DO NOT emerge from your hiding place right after the park closes - it will be full of maintenance workers and patrolling security. Wait until at least an hour after the park closes, but remember you need to be done before 4 AM. The security presence will be smaller at that hour, but by no means gone. Watch for the roving security guards as you make your way to your items.

Retrieve the mirror shard last or you will trigger the more dangerous part of the ritual early. If you reach any of your hiding places and the item is gone - RUN. The park doesn't accept your challenge. You need to reach the entrance and get out - or even get yourself busted by security, which will be a much preferable fate.