Chapter Nine

This was just great. Lukas' headache had worsened with every word Mathias said, and that boy didn't seem to know what a breath was. At this point, the Norwegian was worried for the safety and health of his head and the well being of his sanity. It wouldn't last long if this kid didn't shut his trap.

"My teachers told us that we'd have classwork to share with our buddies this week and instead of having it all in braille or through an audio clip like they usually would, they've informed me that I'll be getting a normal copy along with the usual copy so that you're able to work on the work as well," Mathias said all in one go, grinning.

"Oh, so cool," Lukas said, not even bothering to add excitement to his voice. He was tired, annoyed, and in pain. Not even another coffee could help his well being now.

"Is there something wrong Lukas?" Mathias asked, finally realizing Lukas wasn't into the conversation, "Did I day something wrong?"

"No, it's fine, I've just got a headache from the bus ride and it's progressively getting worse by the moment," Lukas mumbled, rubbing his face, "Anyway, your guide left about ten minutes ago and everyone else is headed outside? I'm assuming for the bus ride home?"

Mathias laughed, "Bus ride? Our school doesn't have buses Lukas. Too many liability issues with that. If one of us gets hurt, it's a hate crime against the disabled in the eyes of news reported," he rolled his eyes, shrugging. "My mom should be coming to get me, so let's roll out."

Lukas rolled his eyes before waiting for Mathias to lead before realizing that he probably wouldn't, "Uh, do you need help or...?" He asked awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, sorry! Gil put my stick up earlier and I forgot to have him get it back out. Is it okay if you just guide me instead? It's easy, I promise," Mathias grinned at him.

"Sure, I mean, I guess. How?" Lukas wasn't too comfortable with helping Mathias with something he had no clue how to do, but if it was easy like Mathias said, would it really be that big of a deal?

"Okay, so where's your elbow?" Mathias asked.

Lukas looked at him funny before awkwardly grabbing Mathias' hand, placing it on his elbow, "Here, but why does that mat--"

"I'm going to hold on so that you can guide me, it's easier and more appropriate than holding hands," Mathias shrugged, it wasn't normal for him to have to explain these steps in detail, but he'd only been around people like himself and his family forever. "Now, you're going to walk about a half step ahead of me and I'm going to follow you. Kind of easy right? Just don't let me walk into anything and don't jerk your arm away."

Lukas nodded, "Uh, yeah, okay." He looked at Mathias' hand on his elbow before he began walking.

This was going to be a lot harder than he expected.

--499 words!

I know this is a bit short, but it should begin to get longer every chapter the more the boys get to know each other.

Also, in fair warning, I was being a big dummy and I sharpened too many colored pencils and now I'm missing a blister worth of skin from my right (dominant) hand on the middle finger. I'm planning on writing more chapters soon, when this is published I will have 14 chapters all together, 9 (including this one) posted. I try to have more chapters drafted than published, but I want to give you guys more of the story.

Thank you for reading!

~Sky--