CHAPTER 4: Poker face

The Queens - Yana, Roxy, Paris, and Zari had this interest in having Cloud, the innocent, good soul lad from the peaceful town of Ben to their respective suit. All eyes were in him as he announced his chosen suit to join in. For Zari, she realized she's not been having good terms with Cloud so far, thus, there would be no chance he'd choose her over the other suits. Being the leader of the quad group Queens, she had never felt this kind of anxiety for a guy. She herself was confused and irritated for having this weird feeling towards him. The other hopeful Queens noticed Zari's uneasiness as well. Roxy and Paris looked at each other and smirked. "My dear Zari, what's the matter?'', asked Paris. "Oh, it's nothing honey, I just feel warm here...", she replied snapping out of confusion. Roxy butted in and whispered, "You like him? Do you?".

"Of course not! Are you crazy, Rox?! Yana! Can you please come over here?", she called Yana over them and said, "These two are bullying me, please help me."

Among the Queens, everyone knew that Yana has been the mature and conservative one. She has been the disciplinarian and the serious type in which others saw her as being mysterious-type. "What is it this time, Zari? Just don't bother those two if it's not true.", Yana calmly stated.

"Haha, oh sweet heavens! After all these years we four, have been together as best of friends, we know each other very well, that our sissy Zari never acted like this before.", Roxy teased. "It's true! I think there's something cheesy going around here." Paris added. "Rox, Paris...", Yana called, giving them eye signals to stop teasing their fellow Queen. "Sigh, thanks Yana. You two are daydreaming. I could never care less about this guy. You are making me laugh with this joke!", Zari said while turning her back away from them, blushing.

As she walked about three steps away, she heard someone saying "Diamonds". Zari stopped and looked back in front. Unexpectedly, Cloud chose the Diamonds as his suit. Her heart suddenly keeps on beating fast. She wanted to express the excitement that moment but she kept it to herself.

"I choose Diamonds, Mr. Morris!", he proclaimed gleefully. "Alright then, please do join your suit...", he replied and continued announcing the next student for suit assignment.

As Cloud joins the suit Diamonds, everyone was looking at him. This felt uneasiness, so he tried to look down while walking. He continued walking, not knowing he is getting closer and closer to Zari. The moment he is about ten meters away from Zari, the latter seemed nervous as for sure, they will bump on each other again.

Zari acted innocently, stared at Cloud with a blank face.

*Bump*

"Oops, sorry...", Cloud uttered, instantly recognizing the girl he bumped into. Looking at her upfront, made him appreciate her God-given beauty even more. In his mind, he thought that despite that strong personality, she can be as cute and tamed as this.

Cloud just realized they belong to the same suit. He knew they aren't going well with each other recently with the previous bike ride incident and all. It felt awkward he doesn't know what to do. On the other hand, Zari showed no reaction still.

Cloud thought of greeting her but the moment he was going to do so, Macy from the Echo, school newspaper interrupted. "Hi there Cloud! Nice to meet you. It would be very interesting if you would be featured on our next issue. Mind if I conduct a short interview?", she asked. "Ah, it's fine. I mean, sure! Why not?" he replied, having a glimpse of Zari walking away without saying anything. "That was weird... she did not get mad at me this time.", he thought.

"So how does it feel so far on your first day here in Queens Academy?", Macy started her interview.

~ "I feel excited about my journey here. This is my dream school, to be honest. So far, so good, I guess..."