Chapter 6/The Owl Bracelet

Before we could go exploring and see the sights, we had to put our stuff into the hotel. As we were in the same group, me, Connor, Dan ,Phil,Louise and Zoe were going to be staying in the same part of the hotel.

On our way to the there, Dan, Phil and Connor were talking while Louise and Zoe were chatting about..whatever it is they talk about. And that's when something on Zoe's wrist caught my eye. It was an owl bracelet that I struggled to take my eyes off of. Where have I seen that before?

I decided to ask about it. "Zoe," I said, it felt so weird to actually be talking to her.

"What?" she snapped, obviously mad that I was interrupting her conversation. She turned around and realised Connor was still here and her face softened.

"What is it Skylar?" She said sweetly, her fake act in front of Connor made me sick.

"Where did you get that bracelet?" I asked. Zoe kept on walking like I hadn't said anything. Wow rude much?

"Zoe, where did you get that bracelet?" I repeated. I looked up at her and she had a strange look on her face, it looked like...fear. When was she ever scared?

She stared at the bracelet like she'd never seen it before. "I dunno, a shop obviously where else would I get it?" She said quickly.

"It's just that it looks so familiar"

"Well it isn't"she snapped again, her stare turning cold. "I didn't get it from a shop actually, my um grandfather made it. In his shop. Yeah he made it"

I looked at her weirdly. I wondered why she was acting so strange. I kept trying to rack my brains and think about where I had seen it when Connor walked next to me.

"You guys okay? Zoe you look angry" Connor said. Zoe put on her plastered smile. "No Connor, nothings wrong"

"I was just thinking about where she got that bracelet. It's really familiar"

Connors face dropped and he averted his gaze elsewhere. Why were they acting so weird? Even Louise looked confused but decide not to say anything. I just couldn't drop the subject though.

"Hey look! You can see the Eiffel tower from here" Connor said, tapping my arm and trying to turn my head to see the tip of the tower. But I still couldn't stop thinking of the bracelet.

Then I finally remembered where I'd seen it. "That's where I remember it! It gave it to my best friend years ago" I announced. Connor and Zoe looked towards me. "Yeah her name was Kaila"

Zoe looked as if she'd been slapped in the face and Connor looked at Zoe which a face that looked like...Urgency? It's like Zoe and Connor were talking with their minds.

"Who's Kaila?" Louise asked looking very confused, like me. Zoe flinched at the name Kaila. Why is everyone acting so weird!

"Just leave it! No one cares" Zoe snapped.

"I was just saying, jeesh. Kaila had a bracelet just like that, I gave it to her on her birthday and-"

"Skye!" Connor stopped me. Now Connor was being mean to me as well? His face softened and he held my arm. "Come on let's hurry and check out the hotel" he said as he pulled me.

"Take your bag back" Zoe sneered and threw my bag at me. My hands curled into fits and I was about to say something, when Connor picked up my bag and dragged me away.

***************

I sat on the bed in my room. I had discovered that I'm sharing the same room as Zoe and Louise, great. Everyone else was at the gift shop next door, so me and Connor were the only ones in the room. I sat down slowly onto the bed. It wasn't a five star, but it was nice enough, clean with crisp white sheets on the double bed and a fridge in the corner.