Chapter Two

Almost nine months later
   It was Christmas Eve and Shawn and I were over at
   his parents house. Every Christmas Eve we would open PJs, play bored games, exchange gifts with people whom would not be seen on Christmas, and sit around the fire singing Christmas songs with Shawn. Shawn and I were singing the most because everyone else thought they sounded bad. Which was not true out of everyone I probably sounded the worst even though everyone begs to differ. In the middle of Aaliyah's turn when we were playing Life, I went to the restroom. Soon after I sat down on the toilet I felt a warm gush. My water broke... "Shawn" I yelled. About a minute later he opened the door. "Hey babe what did you need?" He questioned. Remaining calm I explained to Shawn that my water broke. After cleaning myself up Shawn went into the room to grab our hospital bag. We have taken this bag everywhere the past week in case the baby would come early. After getting everything packed Shawn picked me up bridal style and carried me down the stairs yelling to his parents we were going to the hospital. They told us to call as soon as I was getting close to delivering. We were soon in the car and the contractions were 10 minutes apart. The drive felt like forever even though it was only a 30 minute drive. During the drive all I was thinking about was the baby. Would it be a girl or a boy? Would it look more like Shawn or me? Would it have my super curly hair or his wavy locks? Before I knew it we had arrived at the hospital. When we got inside Shawn yelled at the lady at the front desk I was pregnant and my water broke. 5 minutes later a male nurse opened the door with a wheelchair in his hand. I sat down and he pushed me to a room. Five minutes later I got checked and I had 2 centimetres left. Shawn called his parents letting them know I was almost there. I just texted my mom and dad letting them know. After Christmas last year they had said some awful things to Shawn and I. I remember one very distinctly "I don't ever want to see you guys or your child ever". Tears formed in my eyes and I pushed the memory aside. Half an hour went by and I was checked again it was now time. I was pushed in the delivery room and was about to push. The nurse told me to push whenever I felt a contraction. I did as the nurse said and pushed. After the first push the nurse said the head was halfway out. After about 15-20 pushes the baby was out. They took the baby cleaned it up and the nurse handed our baby to me and said "Congratulations it's a boy!". I felt warm salty tears coming down my face. I looked over at Shawn and he had the biggest smile on his face and one single tear coming down his face. After about ten minutes holding our baby boy I passed him to Shawn. He was gently rocking him to sleep. I have never been happier. He was the best Christmas gift I have gotten. Shawn our baby and I went back my room where Karen, Manny, and Aaliyah were waiting to me our baby. As soon as we got in the room I got hugged by them all. "So what is his name" Aaliyah asked eager to know the name of her nephew. Shawn and I looked at each other at the same time. "Michael Liam Mendes" we both saidat the same time. "Aww" Karen and Aaliyah cooed. When I got settled I let Karen, Aaliyah, and Manny hold him. I texted my parents one more time just to let them know but after they found out I was pregnant my dad said some terrible things to both me and Shawn. I knew things would never be the same which made me really sad. I wouldn't have my mom or dad with me, and my son would never meet his grandparents or his auntie. I quickly feed Michael and drifted off to sleep.