365 Days of Chaos

//Author's Note// 

Hii! This story will be co-written by @KeepCalmAndReadTMI and @LiveInPink! We're really excited for this story and have some big plans for it! Some chapters will be written by us individually and others will be written together. School starts in two days so we might not update as much as we would like but with both of us as authors it will hopefully be easier to update often. Hope you enjoy the story! Vote and comment to tell us what you think!!!

Megan and Meghan 

Coming home from school tends to be very routine, and usually ends with me retreating to my bedroom to wind up on the computer or on my phone. That's how my life used to be.

Until one tragic day changed my life forever.

My mom had texted me earlier that morning that my father and her would pick me up after school as a treat since it was raining and I had been complaining recently about the horrid weather I've had to walk home from the bus in. I was grateful but the drive was nothing special. I didn't see a single cute guy in another car, I didn't fall asleep and dream about my favourite band, nothing extravagant. Driving down the highway couldn't have been any less entertaining.

Through my daydreams I could hear my mother and father talking between themselves. There were deer dotting the grass in front of the pine tree barrier that surrounded the freeway. My mother pointed to a cluster which included a baby fawn, my dad's attention and focus slipping from it's top priority he gazed at the wild animals along with his wife.

I could've cared less. I turned my gaze towards the front windshield. Coming up over the horizon was a transport truck. I dismissed the strange feeling in my stomach to be my lack of lunch today.

Until it dawned on me that the strange feeling deep in the pit of my stomach was my brain's realization that the truck was on the wrong side and was headed straight towards us.

Head on.

"Oh my god.." I said uncertain if it was only my mind playing tricks and trying to make the drive a little more exciting.

Both my parents glanced back at me and all I could say was

"Oh my god.." It was as if my vocabulary possessed nothing but those three words. The one single expression.

Soon my mother repeated my claimed expression, though louder. And she sounded much more panicked.

I was left horrifyingly speechless. My mouth was agape but my throat closed in on my awaiting words, eating them up, dissolving them into silenced thoughts.

A string of curse words were lucky enough to escape my fathers mouth as he attempted to remove us from the destructive path. We swerved, and not only into the next lane, but from the slick layer of rain, we slid off and into the ditch. The car flipped. Twice, and then a quarter rotation. We were on our side.

As if in slow motion I watched out my window every deer's tail spring upwards to reveal the white underside. Then, like straws, their legs bent gracefully as they bounded back into the woods.

During the flips I heard car horns honking, my mothers screaming, a loud crash, and my ears ringing. Now I was only left with the ringing. It was almost ear splitting.

My eyes darted around frantically, something was wrong. Why weren't my parents doing anything? Saying anything? Why weren't they trying to save themselves from this wreck? Save me?

Why had only one air bag deployed?

My brain forced me to look back out to where the deer had stood moments ago. I saw one hadn't moved. It stood in the moist grass with it's twig-like legs sticking out from the greenery, ears pushed forward. Alert.