Chapter 27

C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y S E V E N ▶ S T A R T

"Nerd." Jinye hears a voice and she groggily wakes up, hitting whatever called her. "Ouch!" Haruto whines and she sorta laughs, "You deserved that."

"What?" She sits up then asks him. "Let's go for ice cream?" He asks, already ready with his outfit. She nods and stretches. She gets out of bed and fixes her hair using her front camera on her phone as a mirror.

"Let's go." She takes her bag and he follows behind her, taking his wallet.

"Aunt, we're gonna go out!" Haruto tells his aunt and she nods, "Take care, you two!" She smiles, waving the both of them off.

"Let's just walk." Jinye tells him when he was about to call a cab. He shrugs then mutters an okay. She walks first and he walks behind her.

"Why am I always behind you?" He asks her and she shrugs, "I don't know. I mean you could be beside or infront of me."

And with that, he catches up with her, walking beside her with his hands in his pockets.

*

"Psst! Here." Jinye pulls him by his jacket and drags him inside the ice cream shop she went with Jihoon and Jeongwoo the other day.

"I want rolled ice cream!" She excitedly tells him, tugging on his jacket. He tried to hide the fact he's heart was doing somersaults so he rolled his eyes instead, "Yeah. Fine, whatever."

"Takeout?" He asks her and she shrugs, "Depends on you." She goes to sit at the far back of the shop and takes her phone out to text Jeongwoo or Mashiho.

"Yeah, one vanilla with caramel and one cookies and cream. Oh, takeout please." Haruto completes his order and waits for the receipt. After that, the cashier gives him a queue number then he goes to where Jinye's seated.

"You know. You aren't what others say about you." He breaks the silence and she raises her eyebrows, "Oh yeah? What do they say about me?"

"They say you're too mean. You like hurting people that's why you don't have friends. You're too much of a loner and some other stuff." He tells her and she laughs sarcastically, "They say that as if they even know me."

"Yeah, maybe I am mean. I insult people alot as a joke and they take it as a joke but if that person is close to my heart, I don't intentionally hurt them." She unintentionally explains, crossing her arms after.

"What's the worst thing you've heard about me?" Jinye asks him, leaning forward her hands clasped together on the table. "I- uh when I heard you were a part of a gang." Haruto says, clearly nervous.

She laughs again and he swore it was like angels singing right next to his ears.

"Oh, they really don't have anything better to do with their lives, do they?" She shakes her head and at the same time, their ice creams arrived.

They thanked the waiter and they went out of the shop.

"But, I'm serious. You really aren't what they say you are. And maybe after the project, we could stay as friends?" He asks her, turning his head to look at her eyes behind her glasses.

"Yeah, sure, I guess." She shrugs and takes another spoonful of ice cream.

Haruto shyly smiles when she wasn't looking anymore.

Maybe this could be the start of something new.

1/8/19
sorry for the wait! i was reading an amazing book and i didnt go to class today bcos i fell from the fucking stairs and my back and arms hurt so much akdjdjsjsj