29. Last Hope

Her eyes opened in a cell once again but this time there was no pain, sadness or regret. Only a weird numbness spread through her as she sat staring at the black wall in front of. her. It was a miracle she was still alive.

They will kill her sooner or later but before she needed to know if Sage and Killian were alive.

She heard some footsteps approaching her cell and she felt uncomfortable all of a sudden at the sound. Was it someone that could rescue her? But no her hopes shattered when she saw two female nurses walking towards her. They were a little to well built for just being a nurse. And Trisha had lost almost all the traces of herself with the fearless tattoo and fighter like instincts.

She felt tired and didn't even flinch when the gate of the cell opened and two nurses lifted her up almost tearing her hands apart. Their hold loosened a bit on her as they realized she was not even fighting back and was walking with them willing. 

Trisha held back any tears and sadness filling her heart and tried to look as nonchalant as possible through the whole thing.

Obviously, they were going to test her, she came from a severely infected place and yet she was absolutely fine. 

She just kept walking not even bothering to look at the surroundings. Soon she entered a room that smelled of pain relief creams and other chemicals she can't name. There were many people in the lab coat.  

"We need to test your blood." She heard a female doctor carefully like she was scared of her.

She looked around and saw herself surrounded by guards, cameras and too many people. She felt suffocated at how trapped she was and she had no idea to know if Sage and Killian were okay.

She noticed the little scalpel on the table near her and before anyone could get hold of what she was thinking she moved ahead lifelessly extending her hands slowly as if allowing to take her blood for testing but in the next moment she had the scalpel in her hand and on her throat.

Everyone present gasped. Her reputation preceded her and they looked scared of what she might do next. 

"I am the cure." She said letting them on the secret that was bound to be out sooner or later.

All of them backed up even more scared that she will destroy their only chance to live.

"I will kill myself and the cure just dies with me." She said not sure if this was scientifically possible but she was bluffing to get a deal.

"Are you really going to let everyone die?" A female doctor said playing the sympathy card.

"What do you think?" Trisha said still bluffing. 

Of course, she was not that heartless but she needed to know that ones she actually cared about were safe.

"But I will give you  my blood without any questions asked if you can do one thing for me." She said offering the deal.

At that moment she felt fearless, actually fearless and powerful like she could do anything to save the ones she loved. Her heart was beating with the rush of adrenaline and multiple ideas ran through her mind in case the doctors did not agree with her.

"Or now you can let everyone die." She said now using the sympathy card herself.

"What do you want?" One of the male doctors said seriously.

"I want to make sure that two of my patients are treated first. Bring them here in two ours and  I will help with cure making." She said.

"You know we have many other ways to restrain you." Another one of the evil doctors said.