ONE.

CHAPTER ONE.
( the beginning. )

MILA ADLANI FOUND that she had more in common with the Hulk than with any other avenger

MILA ADLANI FOUND that she had more in common with the Hulk than with any other avenger. It was painfully obvious in the way she tried to restrain herself on the battlefield, though she knew it could hinder the group greatly.

As HYDRA agents shot at the Avengers, Mila found herself weaving her way through bullets, extending her arm in order to send out a wave of black smoke, the HYDRA agent dropping his gun and screaming bloody murder.

Mila didn't even flinch at the sound, instead, sliding through another agent's legs, pulling out a butterfly knife from the weapons holster that was strapped around her leg, and slashing at the man's back, causing him to crumple to the ground.

"Shit!" A familiar voice sounded, Mila rolling her eyes at Tony.

"Language!" Steve responded, causing Mila to furrow her eyebrows, chuckling slightly, knowing his words would come back to bite him in the ass.

Mila found herself ignoring her fellow Avengers talking on the comms, instead choosing to focus on controlling her powers and kicking HYDRA's ass.

Returning her knife back to it's place strapped to her leg, Mila leaped towards another group of HYDRA agents, their guns pointed straight at her.

She landed on the ground with a roll to break her fall, and pushed her hands out again, this time sending the agents flying back through the trees.

The girl grunted as she felt her eyes roll back, and she could tell that if she were too look into her own eyes, the entirety of her eyeball would be pitch black.

Mila breathed in slowly as she gathered herself, taking control one again.

She likened her powers to a possession, in that if she let whatever was inside of her take over, she didn't know if she would ever come back from that state of chaos. It was like an alternate personality, one that strived on evil and destruction, that Mila herself could only overpower as long as she had both hands on the wheel.

Before she could get up off the ground, however, she was knocked back by a blur of blue, a handsome man with white hair coming to a stop next to her.

"What the fuck." She breathed, looking up at him, before jumping into action.

She focused on her powers once again, black smoke running from the palms of her hands, causing the man to pause in shock. As the smoke reached him, he collapsed to the ground, clutching the sides of his head.

Mila looked inside his mind at what she was making him see, what his worst fear was.

She saw a girl, a young girl, crouched underneath a bed with a boy that Mila could only assume was the white-haired man when he was younger.

The girl whimpered in fear as Mila saw a bomb that sat just next to the bed, no more than a meter away from the two children, with a distinctive word on the side of the shell, one that made Mila sick to her stomach.

Stark.

"It's going to be okay, Wanda, I promise you." The boy spoke in a thick eastern european accent, but the girl continued to shake in his arms.

An explosion from far away shook the building that the children were cowering in, causing the young girl to let out a soft scream, before covering her mouth.

The explosion seemed to set off a chain reaction, as more explosions sounded throughout the city, causing the shell that lay on the floor to roll towards the two, beginning to beep.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

And it exploded.

Mild gasped as she fell back, her eyes widening in horror at what the man's greatest fear was. She met his eyes, the man looking at her with what she could only describe as terror in his eyes.

It quickly washed away, though, as he stood up, speeding towards Mila faster than her eyes could process.

She felt a sharp pain in her abdomen, looking down to see that her knife was embedded into her stomach, and the white-haired man was nowhere to be seen.

"I've been hit." The girl groaned into her comm, and almost immediately, Thor was at her side, scooping her up into his arms.

"I'm taking her back to the quinjet, will you all be okay?" Thor asked, receiving an affirmation from Natasha that they could handle the battlefield without the two for 5 minutes.

With Mila groaning as she was placed down onto a makeshift stretcher inside the quinjet, Thor panicked, not knowing what to do with the situation.

"I'll be fine, Thor. I can handle it. Go back to the others." She reassured the large man, giving his hand a squeeze, nodding at him.

"Don't die, Lady Mila." Thor said as he stepped out of the vehicle once again, smiling at her.

"Don't plan on it." She weakly told him, closing her eyes tightly in pain.

Mila had been shot, stabbed, slashed at, had many bones broken, and been injured in a thousand different ways, and her pain tolerance was pretty high, but being stabbed in the gut? It was bound to be a painful experience.

Mila grabbed the hilt of the knife, whining at the sharp pain that flooded her body when the knife moved slightly.

Regaining her composure, she pulled harshly at the knife, the weapon pulling out of her stomach whilst Mila let out a yell of pain.

The knife clattered to the floor as she felt her eyes drooping, the girl clutching her stomach, hoping that her advanced healing mechanisms would kick in and she would be fine.

The last thing she saw before her eyes went black was a flash of red before her eyes.

¿

The distinctive beeping of a heart monitor could be heard as Mila opened her eyes, squinting at the brightness of the room before turning to see Tony standing next to her.

"Hey, Kiddo." He smiled at her, and she returned it, pulling her body up so that she was in a sitting position.

"Did we win?" She asked, making the man chuckle where he stood.

"If by that you mean did we get the scepter, then yes, we did win. Clint got hit too, but he's gonna be okay." Mila grinned at the news, taking the clip that monitored her heartbeat off her pointer finger.

"Please tell me one of you beat up that little blue bastard." Mila groaned when Tony shook his head, letting her know that the white haired boy got off without a hit.

"There was another enhanced, though. A girl. She did some sort of witchy magic on me when I went to get the scepter, and she took Cap down easily. I don't think those kids are something to mess with."

A girl. Mila's mind travelled back to what she saw in the boy's head earlier, remembering the brown-haired girl that the boy cradled in his arms.

"The enhanced. Do you know who they are? Are they siblings?" Mila asked, getting out of the bed with a jolt.

"Twins. Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Orphans." Tony said, following Mila out of the room, "Why do you ask?"

"When I was battling the boy, Pietro, I saw his fears, what he was most afraid of." Mila said, piquing Tony's interest. Mild suddenly stopped in the hallway that they stood in, turning to Tony, "It's you. I saw it. They couldn't have been older than ten, and there was a bomb. It was yours, Tony.

"You almost killed them."