Chapter 35: || You, Me aur Hum ||

She nodded, she was still unsure whether she should further talk but finally decided to speak up-"What's next?"

He dragged the chair and sat-"I don't know!" He sounded distressed. "Everything is literally slipping out of hand.! Every move is a dead end."

She sat on the chair beside him. He sighed and narrated from the beginning.

He explained to her how two days after he had got his memory back, he had gone to the Oberoi Mansion early in the morning, and managed to enter in as an electrician. He had met Khanna his security chief there. The man had almost crushed him in a hug, on seeing him alive. On the day of the accident Khanna had been away on a leave when he had come back things had changed completely but the job continued. The staff and everything at both home and office were same, with a few minute changes. Ever since then Khanna kept updating him about what was happening at Oberoi Mansion and about Rana's life. A few days later he met Mishra thanks to Khanna, another of his reliable employee who was more than happy to help his Boss out of the mess. While Mishra updated him on the Business part Khanna kept updating him on Rana and his personal life.

Anika-"How doesn't that Rana know you are here, I mean.."

Shivaay-"He knew about my accident and now thinks I am mentally unstable after all that happen! Mujhe bhi nahi pata why he thinks so!" he said thoughtful.

Anika knew why. But she feared letting him know.

"Maybe he knew about your memory loss!" she pretended to be casual.

Shivaay sighed still unconvinced. "Good enough he doesn't know that my memory is back!"

She changed the topic by asking him to continue.

Shivaay-"So now,I know practically almost everything and yet my hands are tied. I just need to get hold of the power of attorney papers which Tia made me sign if those papers are destroyed, Rana is destroyed, as he won't have any more proof to claim over my property and assets. Those papers aren't in any lockers or office, has to be the home then. Khanna has been secretly working on looking for them, and has checked almost half the mansion with no clue! After this marriage Rana plans to liquidate a few companies and invest in a few foreign companies, and he will have new legal papers made then it will be impossible to get back. Jo bhi karna hai Rana kii shaadi se pehle karna hai ! Warna kabhi nahi!"

Anika-"O bete ki...itni lambi chaudi investigation chal rahi thii! Aapko mujhe pehle bataana chaiye thaa, arre maine bahut saare CID, ke episodes dehke hain kahin toh kaam aata!"

He chuckled at her lame try to make him de-stress, and yet again wore a serious face. She kept her hands on his, and he looked up at her.

"Don't Worry, sab theek ho jaayega!" He gave a soft unsure smile.

"I don't know, what should be my next move!" He said more to himself than her looking away at the distant wall.

Anika after looking thoughtful for a few minutes squealed-"Idea!"

Shivaay looked at her-"What?"