Chapter 2

The Last Week of Summer

So it's the last week of summer and I'm still bored. And scared for high school. And nervous. And like excited too. It's weird. The summer went by so frickin fast, and I never got everything off of my list. Which stinks. Oh well.

I've been texting Mason a lot, and I feel like I kind of lead him on. I mean, I like always talk to him now because he's the only one who's ever on his phone, and honestly, guys are more fun to talk to. I know, your probably saying "yeah ok, but boys are really boring and like don't say anything". Well, if you talk to the right guy, then he might actually tell you some interesting things like gossip and what not from the guys' side of popularity. Believe it or not, boys do actually talk to each other about this stuff.

I made a list of things that I have to do this year in highschool, here it is:

1. Go to a dance and slow dance with a guy

2. Go on a date with a guy

3. Kiss a guy

4. Make 4 new friends

5. Get at least 5 guys that I'm interested in's numbers

6. Keep my eyes open

7. Meet lots of people

8. Go to like every school dance

9. Tell Mason that I don't like him as a boyfriend, I like him just as a friend

10. Not sure yet what this one is, and I am allowed to make more things to do later

Yep, that's my list so far. I think I can do everything on it, but I don't know. It all seems a little much, but whatever. High school is gunna be tough, but I know I can get through it. My list is just a few things I want to do along the way.

I think that my friend Caitlyn has a crush on Mason... It's kind of awkward. Actually, maybe I'm just making it awkward. I hope that's not the case. Whatever, I'd be happy for them if they got together. I need to stop obsessing over Mason and talking about him all the time, I mean, I don't even like like him. At all. Ok, I've decided to just stop talking about him all together.

(2 hours later) Yeah it's not working. Maybe I do like like him? Or maybe I just have so little to talk about because I'm such a geek that he's the only thing I can ever talk about. Oh well.